Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2015, 01:21 AM
Champion

This is ridiculous.

I started the game with 3 curses. Took care of 2, which I'm proud of since I'm melee and *ALL* the curses affect melee really badly.

The 3rd curse is posession of one of my clan. This is where the cure is situated:

0 X
0 0 0
B

My Base is B, the zone I need to get to is X. All the zones designated as 0 are zones that DO NOT have passage to zone X or to a zone adjacent to zone X. The minimum number of zones I need to traverse to get to zone X is 6. It is beyond stupid - I'm not having fun, I'm raging.

I would attach a screenshot but apparently the ss the game takes has a file size too big for the forum - if anyone knows a good way to attach, let me know please.

Conclusion: Can we have some guaranteed maximum distances for curses since 90% of my games start with my clan affected by 1 or more. Can you add some curses that affect predominantly casters, since that will dilute the amount of crippling curses melee gets and currently casters don't really care about the curses.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:07 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
I'm starting to hate gates and stairways being an obvious group spawn zone. Teleport deaths into the middle of groups are deadly for a reason and even if I *can* gate away from anything too dangerous: a) I'd prefer not to have to; and b) sometimes I gate away by accident because of how insanely easy it is to click on gates or stairways.

I'd love to see a small area around gates & stairways being designated 'no-spawn' zones, or at least have them with the same spawn coding as everywhere else rather than (what seems to me) a higher chance of large groups spawning there.
I teleported into an ally's town and was met with at least 10 boss monsters hanging out right next to the gate. That... did not end well. I resurrected and entered town from the side instead so I could pick them off one at at time or in small groups. But... yeah, that wasn't cool.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:12 AM
Amateur

In .904, each attempt an AI makes at a raid generates a new gate, which results in absurd numbers of gates in later rounds. In the second half of the image, an oddly named item was generated.

Also sometimes (about one out of twenty) recruitable NPCs are still having the blank attributes/skills window problem.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesmo View Post
Also sometimes (about one out of twenty) recruitable NPCs are still having the blank attributes/skills window problem.
I occasionally see this if I pause before looking at their character sheet. Unpausing makes it load.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:39 PM
Amateur

Oh, that would explain the occurances perfectly, ScrObot
Old 11-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Elite

Default Mac Bug - "Stay Still Toggle" broken

At least on my mac it is.

Default settings with Dvorak keyboard layout chosen.

When I click Control my Character freezes in place. I've gotten unstuck by mucking around some. Happened again today so I went and checked the stay still toggle, to see if I could get Unstuck. And that was strange -- with the stay still toggle turned ON, pressing control allowed my character to move, and if I let go my character froze in place. That's the opposite of a toggle.

The problem I had had where I was standing still with the stay still toggle OFF went away when I un-checked the stay still toggle.

I have a feeling there's a bug there somewhere....

So: everything's OK until I accidentally hit Control (trying to stand still). Then my character stands still and can't move at all. I expect press to stand still, release to resume movement. That's how it used to work.
Then when I check the Stay Still Toggle in the game options, it has the opposite of what should be the normal behavior. I was stuck in place when I went in. Now I have to press to move, and when I let go I'm still stuck.
So I uncheck the Stay Still Toggle and I can move again -- but I don't dare press Control again and get stuck

Last edited by Crisses : 11-04-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Expert

Visibility is a bit better since see-through roofs are back, but it would probably help for it to apply to trees as well since those obstruct the camera a lot in certain areas.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:47 PM
Elite

My clan seat is called Bulgar, and my arch enemy's name is Diavol (Дявол) which means devil. Has your RGN picked up a Bulgarian dictionary or something?
Old 11-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuidjy View Post
My clan seat is called Bulgar, and my arch enemy's name is Diavol (Дявол) which means devil. Has your RGN picked up a Bulgarian dictionary or something?
No, just an interesting coincidence.
Patreon
Old 11-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Champion

Acid pools are invisible in grasslands or woodlands, they sit underneath the ground cover. Intended or not, it sucks. I notice this most with zombie adders.