Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Expert

This idea came from the game - Torchlight 2.

Would you please add a mutation that allows the creatures summoned to steal hp for the Player? I already know there is a mutation that allows the creatures summoned to steal hp for themselves.

Thank you.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:04 PM
Champion

After a break from playing, I theorycrafted up another way to break the game. Here is how you recruit a level 100 NPC into your party at level 1, that you can use to dominate worlds with ease.

1.) Get a high-level character. (100 is obviously recommended, but you can use lower leveled NPCs if necessary.... (though they won't be nearly as good).
2.) Keep creating new areas until you find a town with some NPCs, like the Town Protector scenario.
3.) Invite an NPC to your party. (I recommend finding a summoner, unless you can buy a decent weapon for the NPC or it has really good skills on it that increase damage.)
4.) Dismiss it.
5.) Leave your area and go back to some low level zone. (Let's say you're level 5, so go to a level 24 zone (make sure you have hardiness leveled!)).
6.) Refresh zone until you get a clan filled scenario (total war, diplomacy, demigod recommended as you need a clan to raid AND for your NPC to actually spawn in town.)
7.) Find a clan.
8.) Go back to town and, once again, make sure your level 100 NPC is in the town.
9.) Raid the clan via the relationship menu and pick the NPC to join you.
10.) Don't actually enter your raid gate. Immediately end the raid using the gui item or through relationship menu.
11.) Select the level 100 NPC and you should now be able to 'invite to party'.

This exploit highlights that you can bring level 100 NPCs to low-level areas (all the way to level 1 in fact) AND that you can change the state of these loitering NPCs from 'normally uninvitable' to 'invitable'. Using it, you can fill your town with level 100 NPCs. And, with some creativity, it can be used during first-character play throughs to ease up the early-game leveling progression by using level 24 NPCs (because summoners are pretty good).

Edit: Also, there is a lot of speculation on this... but it seems that certain variables are tied to a players area history? Like, which mutations are unlocked? Because I tried to clear out my area history in my 'char' folder and it removed my mutation that were unlocked and also my 'champion'+ difficulty unlocked statuses. I think this is significant because there may be some correlation to fairly frequent crashes when doing 20+ in a row while having over 500 areas. (I abandon a LOT of areas). I was going to delete areas in game, but every delete takes like 20 seconds to complete. Not sure why... :> (though probably has to do with the 500+ areas)

Last edited by Destro* : 10-06-2018 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Champion

Here is something crash related. Less than 10 minutes of game play to get a crash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdZE...ature=youtu.be

(currently uploading, should be in < 30 mins)

edit: I want to report that I had a crash that actually blue screen of deathed my entire computer. Was my first one in over 5 years of owning this pc. When I came back, my mutation progress was reset along with my world progress, similarly to when I deleted my worlds folder in the past. Not sure what happened, but was quite severe.

Last edited by Destro* : 10-08-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Expert

A few quest suggestions if they have not been implemented:

Have NPCs come to town with Quest ReQuests
Guide a NPC somewhere while protecting him or her.
Fetch an object that a NPC wants somwhere in the world

From Din's Curse
Cure a diseased or a poisoned NPC or town
Build a object of some type for a NPC

Rather Generic
Have Quests that have several subquests

Set up a scenario where the town can be built up with different types of NPCs, such as vendor NPCs, craftsman NPC's, etc.

A complicated quest where you get a scroll that can summon a monster of some kind an infinite number of times (guess kind of silly since there are summoners)

Thank you.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:04 PM
Champion

This 'free mutation points' glitch is really weird... it managed to proc on a level 1 character, lol: https://imgur.com/a/tyAJLRf

I'm starting to think it is related to one of the crashes that I encounter at high level zones. Very interesting!
Old 10-10-2018, 04:26 PM
Expert

Would you please add elemental summons to the Fire, Ice, and Arcane Mage Classes?

The Fire Mage would summon a fire elemental.
The Ice Mage would summon an ice elemental.
The Arcane Mage would summon an arcane elemental.

Thank you.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
The Fire Mage would summon a fire elemental.
The Ice Mage would summon an ice elemental.
Those 2 actually already have those skills.
Patreon
Old 10-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Expert

Thanks a bunch.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Champion

Wow, I finally found proof that NPCs are spawning with wayyyyy higher levels than normal in the world:

https://imgur.com/a/wnDaAu9

The witch summoned a level 63 fire elemental. In a level 24 zone. 63!

That's clearly a bug. I knew the damage 'seemed' bugged... but now I have proof. Also, immolation doing 368 damage a second? Clearly rigged.

Surely this isn't intentional? I have a crazy hypothesis that NPCs are spawning with additional spell points due to some formula where they have power equal to half of the parties level. But, surely something like that wouldn't be intentional either, correct? I mean, the levels on these wizard-type creatures are all very normal (level 27 roughly), yet they are casting way overpowered spells.

I'd also like to note a bug that I have seen ONLY ONCE that may be contributing to this. I had an NPC in a higher-level world recruited into my clan with level 37 hardiness. When I went down into lower level worlds, I eventually lost him from my clan. However, a 'new' clan member joined with the exact same skills while being downleveled compared to the level 100 version (level 24~). He had hardiness 13. However, when he cast hardiness on me, he gave me a WHOPPING +500 vitality. Surely it was the cast that the level 100 version's vitality level was added to the level 24's versions spell level. So, I think that perhaps the level 27 NPCs are getting 'doubled stats' somehow when creating new areas, like in this case.

Lots of conjecture here, but I hope it helps you pin down this bug.

This could also have been related to the crash glitches from before, as I haven't made a new world since the patch yet, so it is also possible that this issue is fixed. However, I felt the need to report my findings ASAP since its gamebreaking and I hope others can share their thoughts if to help pin this issue down. I'm going to keep playing and see if it pops up again when I make new worlds.

edit: Didn't see issue after 3 hours of game time tonight, so that's promising.

Last edited by Destro* : 10-10-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro* View Post
The witch summoned a level 63 fire elemental. In a level 24 zone. 63!

Surely this isn't intentional?
No, it's not intentional.
Patreon