Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Expert

Default Mac questions

Trying out the Mac demo now, I have a few questions:

The system reqs are a bit higher than Kivi's Underworld (which worked great on my Mac). I should be okay except for the 1.5 GHz. But since my Mac is a G4 1.25 GHz DUAL PROCESSOR, will the dual processors make up for the difference needed? I haven't noticed a problem so far...but I wanted to check to see if more CPU speed is needed further on in the game before buying it.

What do I use for a right-click on the Mac? Control-click or Command-click or something else? My mouse is currently programmed for Command-click for the right button, but with USB Overdrive, I can program it differently for specific applications.

About Passive Skills, do they have to be put into a slot, or do they always work once you obtain them?

Jude
Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Expert

Speaking as a fellow mac player, I can tell you that right clicking is command-click, at least with default mac preferences. Also, passive skills take effect the moment you put points into them. No need to waste slots on your hotbar.

Can't help you with the processor question, as I'm playing DC on a 2.4 GHZ macbook.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

The 1.5 GHz is simply my best guess. It's also most accurate for Intel cpus. If I remember correctly a G4 is a PowerPC based machine so I don't know how fast they are compared to Intel. The 2 cpus will help you a little bit since we do a bit in separate threads (mostly loading).

In general though, if you can play the demo fine, then the full game should work fine for you.
Patreon
Old 03-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Expert

Okay. Thanks to you both for the info. I will play the demo a while longer to be sure, but it seems okay so far.

And thank you, Steven, for making your games work on my Power Mac running OS X 10.3.9 !

Jude