Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Elite

Default Arachnophobic (Spider free) mod

I was so glad to see that Shadow put in an arachnophobic mod to the game. I personally hate spiders, and when you're playing this game for hours on end, I even dream about them. So a spider-free mod is now available which might even allow my wife and grandson to play without nightmares! lol

You can get the spider-free mod as the following: http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Elite

And, yes, I know I'm a whimp!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Elite

Hey PL, there's nothing wrong with having fears. I understand the fear towards spiders, and there's nothing wimpy about that lol.

By the way thanks for pointing out the mod page. I'm going to download the Challenge mod.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:40 PM
Elite

I'm totally cool with spiders.

Might wait for the mod that removes the raising rotting corpses from the grave, demonic invasions, giant poisonous turtles that spew forth insidious rampaging progeny from searing gashes in their backs, tortured lost souls that wander the twisted nether between planes of reality only to materialize long enough to engage in murderous activity, oh, and I almost forgot those creepy leprechaun dudes that sneak up on you try to steal your wallet -they really freak me out (especially their evil little voices).

But spiders - meh...

Last edited by Kruztee : 03-27-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Elite

For some reason, the leprechauns scare me too. "Take my gooooold" Euuch...
Old 03-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruztee View Post
I'm totally cool with spiders.

Might wait for the mod that removes the raising rotting corpses from the grave, demonic invasions, giant poisonous turtles that spew forth insidious rampaging progeny from searing gashes in their backs, tortured lost souls that wander the twisted nether between planes of reality only to materialize long enough to engage in murderous activity, oh, and I almost forgot those creepy leprechaun dudes that sneak up on you try to steal your wallet -they really freak me out (especially their evil little voices).

But spiders - meh...
lol, yeah with everything you just mentioned above spiders are the least of my worries.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:00 AM
Expert

I've always liked spiders. So, I don't like having to kill them in games, though.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Elite

Luckily you don't have to kill the cute little ones. Only the big ones, and that provides a service to the species in general (more food for the smaller ones). The little scorpions on the other hand, make my skin crawl. In RL, those creepies don't have to be big to cause some serious hurt.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
Luckily you don't have to kill the cute little ones. Only the big ones, and that provides a service to the species in general (more food for the smaller ones). The little scorpions on the other hand, make my skin crawl. In RL, those creepies don't have to be big to cause some serious hurt.
Maybe if I lived in a place with scorpions and more poisonous spiders, I'd be more wary, but we don't have scorpions in Pennsylvania, and except in the mountains (some Black Widows), we don't really have to worry about poisonous spiders, either. I always liked watching spiders build their webs (and some of the webs are beautiful!), and they serve a purpose in keeping the insect population under control (especially in my basement!).

The only problem (other than an occasional bite) that I've have with spiders is keeping them from building webs in places they shouldn't be (like the bathtub, across gateways, and the like).

I really do not like mosquitoes, though! And hornets and wasps are to be avoided, also!

Jude
Old 03-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Elite

I, too, do not like spiders..at least most of the time. They are useful outside catching flys and things. However, we have a lot of nasty Black Widows around our place. Even the garden spiders can be dangerous. I was out in our back yard tending to my vegetable patch a few years ago and had left my can of cola on the table, came back to drink and discovered a spider in my mouth! It had climbed the can and went inside! Naturally I went to spit it out, nasty feel of wiggling legs - ugh!, and it bit me on the inside of my lip on the way out! Lip swelled up and had to go to hospital for shots to bring the swelling down enough so I could eat and drink water. Ever since I keep anything liquid I take outside, covered except when I'm drinking it. Even normal spider venom can be dangerous in the right circumstances. Shuddering as I write this. ICK!