Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default Zombasite Early Access

Our fantasy zombie apocalypse action RPG, Zombasite, is now available in Early Access! Buy Zombasite directly from us or from Steam now!
Patreon
Old 10-13-2015, 03:58 PM
Champion

I'm assuming it's preferable to buy direct at this point, as Steam sale numbers aren't as important in Early Access?
Old 10-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Expert

Awesome! Great to hear another Linux game is in Early Access! Congrats!

GOL FacebookLinux for BeginnersMy GamesTested Games ListGuidesPlayOnLinux Explained
Old 10-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Expert

I just received the email notifying me that early access is now available for Zombasite, and I was debating whether to get the game through Steam or direct through Soldak.com. My only concern is that because this is an early access title, I'm guessing there will be several patches/updates between now and final release. So my question is this, does the game client have a built-in update system, or will I have to manually keep track of, download, and apply beta patches on my own if I end up buying the early access version through Soldak.com (as opposed to just buying through Steam and letting updates happen there automatically)?
Old 10-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Elite

Bought. Looking forward to helping shape the game!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Expert

*rises from the dead*
I'm back to put the smackdown on some zombies...

pre-ordered!
Old 10-13-2015, 04:15 PM
Expert

Small hiccup ( I think.. it could still be stupid user error). Sent you a PM Shadow.

*resolved* -Thank you for the speedy reply

Last edited by DarkShrike : 10-13-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Champion

Been waiting for this.

Critical bug found already. When I launch the game (Steam version windows 10)- the mouse autoscrolls to the left and it makes the game unplayable. Reboot didn't change things.

Anyone else having this issue- I need to hit bed soon, I wonder if it will work that way on my laptop tonight.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Expert

It didn't do that for me. Direct purchase edition on a laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstein View Post
Been waiting for this.

Critical bug found already. When I launch the game (Steam version windows 10)- the mouse autoscrolls to the left and it makes the game unplayable. Reboot didn't change things.

Anyone else having this issue- I need to hit bed soon, I wonder if it will work that way on my laptop tonight.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
I'm assuming it's preferable to buy direct at this point, as Steam sale numbers aren't as important in Early Access?
I'm actually not sure which would be better. We will make more money if you buy directly from us. However, the more we sell on Steam the better chance we will show up on Steam's top seller lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerzain View Post
So my question is this, does the game client have a built-in update system, or will I have to manually keep track of, download, and apply beta patches on my own if I end up buying the early access version through Soldak.com (as opposed to just buying through Steam and letting updates happen there automatically)?
We don't have an auto-updater, so you would need to apply our patches here and there. Our patches are usually relatively painless, but I can understand why people might like the Steam auto-patch stuff better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstein View Post
Do you have any controllers plugged in? We still have controller code in, although it isn't implemented very well yet.
Patreon