Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 AM
Amateur

Default Zombasite NPC Character "Letter Codes" - Whaaat???

Hi there, LOVE your game, I used to play Din's looooong time ago. Loved/hated that game (ultimately loved), I think you did a graphical overhaul of it at some point though? Screenshots dont look like they did when I played!

Anyway --- to the point --- I am really curious what these letter codes mean next to the NPCs, in my clan for example.

It has their name, like "Lustia Swordfeather" and then codes in different colors like XFO, and EO, etc.

What do those codes mean?
Im sure there is some genius behind them, telling me info I would want to know, but I dont know! I want to know!

Thank you for a great game again!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

If you highlight the name of the column in the game, it will tell you what they all stand for.

X - Combat skill
H - Hunting skill
G - Foraging skill
F - Food skill
C - Crafting skill
E - Entertainment skill
# - Capture skill
O - Other skill
Patreon
Old 04-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Amateur

I've been through the manual a few times. Is there information on how skills work and why they are important.

I also love this game, but find the stats and background info on the NPCs to be very hard to determine what's "good" or "useful"?
Old 04-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

There isn't anything in the manual specifically about NPC skills. I try to give as much info as possible in game.

What you want to look for really depends on what you are lacking in your clan and what you want your NPCs to do for you. If you have food problems often, you probably want to find NPCs with food gathering skills (hunting, trapping, etc). If you want someone to adventure with, you want to find someone fairly durable that has good combat skills. Some people really like finding a few NPCs that have long duration buffs, so they can run through town and get a bunch of buffs.
Patreon