Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Expert

yep the component drops on planet death are definitely bugged right now - along with the lack of exp gained from destroying a world - you have this problem too right?

mentioned it earlier in this thread and in another on feedback to 907 - glad to hear its not just a problem on my system... I imagine shadow will fix this pretty fast!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Elite

I definitely feel like .907 has been a huge push forward as well.

I still believe there needs to be a way to win with more than 1 race allied, but I think it should only be feasible in certain conditions. For example, you would have to end up with 2 allied races that had no major personality contradictions.

For example, Cortex, Human, and Dryad might be the only races that could be part of a final alliance due to their traits.

Maybe 1 more aggressive race and 1 more pacifistic race could be present at the end, but only if you put some serious diplomatic work in the end. IE, you have to keep their relations about 95% for ten minutes for the wind condition to work. And at the end, the aggressive races are really going to try to make themselves the only possible race in the sector.

Additionally, perhaps expansionist races would have a really hard time in the end staying on just their planets (if all the planets are now colonized by everybody), so if you had two expansionist races at the end who are allies, they would start squabbling automatically, so there would be no real way to keep them as allies as they keep trying to expand into each other's planets.

Lots of near end-game scenarios where alliances would naturally break down due to personality conflicts, would make it so that breaking alliances wouldn't mostly be up to the player feels more natural. Essentially, only some very cherry-picked conditions should make it even remotely possible to have a multi-race win condition in the end, but it should exist.

Also, having a separate achievement for each race being the final one in a sector would help pacifist players (like me), be encouraged to end up with just one race in the end, instead of trying so hard to make friends.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasan View Post
yep the component drops on planet death are definitely bugged right now - along with the lack of exp gained from destroying a world - you have this problem too right?

mentioned it earlier in this thread and in another on feedback to 907 - glad to hear its not just a problem on my system... I imagine shadow will fix this pretty fast!
Okay good to know it's not just me.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:20 PM
Expert

I'm currently playing in a sector with a Cortex and a Utopian Race left. All planets settled, both are allied with each other and me. The third race was the Hive, which was obliterated early on. Currently I'm 2 hours in since the destruction of the Hive and my allies don't turn on each other. I got no quests for a while and now got nothing to do - I don't even have enough money to create rumors, as a well crafted rumor costs ~1k and I only have 0.9k, while the drops of the mobs aren't really worth anything.

As someone mentioned in another thread, I would like to win the sector, if all fractions are allied with each other for a certain timespan, for example 20 minutes. This gives the relations time to deteriorate, so they may turn to each other, while it also avoids my current situation.
Also, I'm really missing the option to win with multiple allied races left.

On my other computer I currently got a war, where 4 races are allied with each other while turning on the Fringe Oo
I wonder how this will turn out ...

Last edited by Cheet4h : 07-09-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Champion

It took me quite awhile, but what I did was ally with both remaining races. After quite awhile, one of the two races had their reputation with the other reduce to roughly 70 or so. I took this opportunity to force that ally to break their alliance with the other. Once I did that, I declared war on the other party involved and my ally did the same. This ruined their reputation with one another completely and allowed me to finish. It's the waiting for one of them to reduce far enough that causes the issue though. At times rep went up after going down as if diplomatic ships were still being sent between the two.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:39 AM
Elite

Bug: Semi-arid planets seem to not display the "found a shipwreck" or "found ruins" message when you find items after exploring them. You do get a message in the lower left message area ("Found artifacts on ___"), but not in the middle of the screen like usual. I've also had this happen on a Tiny Terran planet, again with the "Artifacts" message in the log -- perhaps it's an issue with the "finding artifacts" message specifically vs. finding other things (shipwrecks, ruins).

Bug: Research Clues from killed enemies do not disappear after you collect enough, unlike other collectables in space; any extras remain and you cannot pick them up.

Bug: There are still a few things that react to mouseovers on the "Congratulations" sector victory screen:
- Small slivers along the far right of the Credits and Ingame Menu areas
- The right click item display tooltips and scroll arrows still work
- Minimap items

Bug: On the "Congratulations" sector victory screen text, the scroll bar scrolls down until the last line is the only line showing at the top (rather than just scrolling until the last line is the bottom most line; the current behavior acts as if there is a full screen of whitespace, minus one line, after the text). This is still an issue in other places such as the Quest description windows.

Bug: When clicking on an NPC ship to bring up the window with its components, the empty slots display the following tooltip: "EMPTY - put any kind of component here" This is obviously confusing because you can't equip items on NPCs. This appears to be the tooltip text that is shown for an empty cargo bay slot, rather than a heavy/medium/light component slot. This should be modified on NPC ships to just "EMPTY" or something else so it doesn't sound like you can equip them. For NPCs that you are not in any pact with, and therefore can't see any of their components, perhaps a separate tooltip should be used, something along the lines of "(Race name) doesn't trust you enough to show you their ship components."

Bug: When trying to drag a component from your inventory into an NPC's component window, an incorrect message is displayed: "Cargo bay is full!" Perhaps something like "You cannot install components on other ships" would be more helpful.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Expert

Quote:
Bug: Research Clues from killed enemies do not disappear after you collect enough, unlike other collectables in space; any extras remain and you cannot pick them up.
Have you checked if some other race is also offering you a research quest?
Had this once, where i got this quest from a race. After collecting 3 - 4 Research Clues from Minor Harbingers I got a "Quest completed" message - but I somehow completed the quest from a different race who wanted research clues from the same mobs in the same sector. I finished the initial quest by collecting a couple more clues.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Elite

It's not a matter of new Research Clues dropping, but if I only needed 1 more, and I killed a bunch of enemies and 2 dropped, I pick up one of them which completes the quest, but the second one still sits there in space and I can't pick it up because "I already have enough."
Old 07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Amateur

Two comments after playing quite a bit:

First there seems to be a bug where you stop being able to spread rumours about certain races/fractions. You have to exit and reenter the game for them to show up as options again. No clue what causes this to happen.

Second the end game can be quite annoying; i.e, too often I end up with two allied fractions and it is very difficult to get them to fight each other. I ahve to spread multiple rumours between them to lower the rating enough for them to break their alliance. This is rather annoying esp given the bug above (though even without the bug it can be quite tedious).
-
I'm level 25 or so (been playing challenges) so not too much more to comment - though to this point in play the game seems reasonably balanced though it does seem to get a bit old after a while (esp given that the 'maps' are pretty uniform from galaxy to galaxy).
Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Elite

When did the ability to see what components race ships are carrying get added? I don't remember having that before...