Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Champion

Default Quest - Add ability to sort by reward

I'd love it if you could add a way to sort all of the quests available to me. I'd like to see this in both the race quest offer menu and the accepted quests menu.

What I am looking for is a way to sort these menu by:

XP Offered
Credits offered
Relation offered
Legend points offered
Fear points offered
Time Limit (for those quests that have specific time limits, like comets)

Often times, I am specifically trying to accomplish certain goals with my quest selections. I already rank them internally based on my personal preference for quest type, how easy/hard it is to do, and what I am trying to accomplish. Sometimes, I want to level my ship up and want that fat XP gain. Other times, I've spent a lot of credits and really need a boost. Sometimes I just want to raise relation to get an alliance going. Given the new victory conditions, I'd say having Legend and Fear sorts would help as well.

Sorting is something I do naturally during my work day whenever I need to determine outliners or design a plan of attack for whatever project I'm about to undertake. I think having that available here would be a huge boon. I already do this on my own, but it requires me to scroll down in the text of each quest, remember what it offers, and then compare to all the others I have available. It's time consuming and tedious to do it manually.

Adding column headers we can click to sort by each of these values would be great, but if you have another way that works too.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Champion

Adding wishes to this list, I would like the ability to select quests from the listing that appears when hovering over the system name. As it stands, I use that to see what quests are available in the system and then have to go to each race individually and scroll through to find that quest. Less time in menus is good.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Elite

I vote for both ideas, if they're possible. Sorting would seem so much more "space-agey" -- I mean, we auto-sort info in the info-age all the time.

And I agree on clicking on the listings on the maps, because sometimes you want to tackle quests-by-area.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 AM
Expert

Sorting by reward would rock.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Amateur

I would like to have option to display location of quest without clicking on quest itself, on quest list. And sorting by location would be great, and by that I mean by shortest distance between current location and quest location, so nearest quests would be on top.