Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Expert

Oh yeah, another thing I'm wondering about: When one of my guard monsters is killed it's corpse remains behind with 0 hitpoints. I can put it in my inventory, take it to the beastmaster, and give it back to her. Is there anything else I can do with it.....like restore it to life?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
Second: How does "Greater Heal" work? I'm not sure I fully understand the explanation in the Demo Priest Guide:

I've got Greater Heal 2 at the moment. How do I cast it on everyone during a raid? It seems like it needs a single specific target. Can I somehow use it to protect all my covenant members when I'm being raided (rather than just targeting individual ones)? Finally, how do I stay at home and cast Greater Heal while my covenant members carry out a raid (other than getting killed on the raid and being resurrected at home)? I seem to need to lead them on raids, plus, once again, I don't see how to cast Greater Heal on all members simultaneously as the above quote seems to indicate. Thanks for any info.
Thanks for paying attention to the guide, but please always remember that it was more of a "my notes and thoughts on the demo", as well as my personal feedback on the skills as they were, rather than any kind of official guide!

In this case, though, I think it's just a case of me trying to save words and so not being perfectly clear...

- Start the raid, go through and get all your followers to engage. Then manually run home or use the little raid gate to go back to your lifestone.

- Now, use the right mouse button and click on various follower's life bars (on the left side of your screen) to target them. You can then cast any spells (not just Greater Heal) on them that you normally could. It doesn't matter that they're elsewhere in the city... (this might be considered a bug and eventually get fixed, don't know)

- When I say "heal everyone", I mean that you can go through and cast it on anyone that needs healing whenever you need to. If you are there, using healing magic almost always makes all the bad guys target you (lots of Hate, I guess). But if you're across down chillin' on your sofa, the badguys don't know how to stop the healing.

I find Greater Healing better than Area Heal because it's always useful. Normally you only have 1 follower with you (while adventuring), and of course you get a lot more than 2x healing with Greater Healing compared to Area Heal. In the case of Raids, I find that you can just spam Greater Heal at whomever is lowest in health, including yourself when you become the focus of everyone's hate (in case you don't want to exploit the lifebar targeting "feature").
Experience to extremes..." - RUSH, The Enemy Within

Last edited by AnalogKid : 09-17-2007 at 03:49 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Expert

Thanks for the detailed reply. I sort of stumbled on the methodology you described. That is, I got killed during a raid then (back home) started right clicking on the bars of my party, keeping them healed till they destroyed the enemy lifestone. Works great!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh yeah, another thing I'm wondering about: When one of my guard monsters is killed it's corpse remains behind with 0 hitpoints. I can put it in my inventory, take it to the beastmaster, and give it back to her. Is there anything else I can do with it.....like restore it to life?
No, once a guard is dead, it's dead. The game simply keeps the guard item/icon around, so that you know you used to have a guard but it has died.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Expert

I guess I can just test this when I finish my next game.....but I'll ask anyway:
Since guards can go into my inventory, can I take my high-end guards from one game into another, new game (of course, there'd be no crystals to pay them initially)?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

If I remember correctly, the game gets rid of all of the guards when you go to a new game, even if they are "hidden" in your inventory.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Amateur

Default Win tactic (bug exploit)

Hey. Having a lvl34 Warrior and getting a little tired of the regular game, I looked for loopholes. And succeeded. LOL. "Win exploits" I discovered were:

-a trading method (bug) that allows for infinite money (though if done in a rush, another covenant will end up having a fraction of that money value. Who cares, no? )
-stat plus items allow equipping of otherwise inequippable equipment. Will not unequip if stat plus expires or is removed. Really IMBA for fighters.
-easy infinite relations from the beginning of a game (equals easy alliances)
-To validate this, I used it in a lvl100 game vs 6 covenants, and won in 30 minutes, maybe 10 if I opted for a secondary win. The lvl103 reward box took SO long to open, yielding several tomes and relics and a few equipment. The tomes were still +2. Blah. Relics were good, but lvl40/lvl60 needed.)
-Having infinite relations and exploiting the "break treaty" and "break trade route" options, I ripped off enough influence from every one of my allies right before they finished my raiding order for the last non-ally. This catapulted me in front of everybody even though they're all at 100 and I'm 34.(I let them do all the work--my first raid I tried to get into the action. Was whacked by a warrior back to my covenant for 918 damage. Easily the most damage in one hit and death by highest level monster.)

I found no exploits on SP and EXP (THANKFULLY). Going back to my regular cleave-and-power-attack game tomorrow.

Why are rings and jewels extremely hard to find...

Last edited by nelln : 12-28-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Expert

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed reply. I sort of stumbled on the methodology you described. That is, I got killed during a raid then (back home) started right clicking on the bars of my party, keeping them healed till they destroyed the enemy lifestone. Works great!
I found you can put the pointer over the recruit and hit your heal hotkey for the same effect.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Expert

Quote:
I guess I can just test this when I finish my next game.....but I'll ask anyway:
Since guards can go into my inventory, can I take my high-end guards from one game into another, new game (of course, there'd be no crystals to pay them initially)?
I practically can't put them in the shared stash. They're not allowed.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Expert

Yeah I tried that yesterday.