Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on getting the zone back under control. This definitely happens at times in DoP. It can be very brutal when lots of difficult monsters decide they all want to be in the same place at the same time.

I'll add another piece of advice in here. Try to rely on food more than potions if you can. They are much, much cheaper.
Patreon
Old 01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Congrats on getting the zone back under control. This definitely happens at times in DoP. It can be very brutal when lots of difficult monsters decide they all want to be in the same place at the same time.

I'll add another piece of advice in here. Try to rely on food more than potions if you can. They are much, much cheaper.
Thanks. You know, I'm of the opinion that plagues, food poisonings, water poisonings, and impending townie NPC deaths happen just a little too often in DoP. There are plenty of other things to do, but I have found myself knee-deep in awesome quests only to be sabotaged by getting the plague or not being able to afford food anymore or having a key NPC become petrified. Don't get me wrong, these features are awesome and I would never want them to be removed, but maybe just significantly less-likely to occur.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

These are pretty easily modded.
Patreon
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Elite

ncc386, the two pillars supporting my mob tactics are:
1) Having the portal home practically on top of you. (I have the stone in slot 0 for quick use in case I am too far away from the previous site.)
2) Liberal use of "pause". Much easier to target the dying creatures, decide if you need food, or to dive into the portal when you can sit back and rub your eyes for a moment.

Pausing a lot can be tiresome, but not as much as dying.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Expert

Quote:
These are pretty easily modded.
Understood! I'll check it out! I'm no stranger of modding. I've written several plugins for stuff like Oblivion and even had some of my work credited on Bethesda's Blog website.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

The quest/event chances are either in systems.gdb or quests.gdb depending on how they are triggered.
Patreon
Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
ncc386, the two pillars supporting my mob tactics are:
1) Having the portal home practically on top of you. (I have the stone in slot 0 for quick use in case I am too far away from the previous site.)
2) Liberal use of "pause". Much easier to target the dying creatures, decide if you need food, or to dive into the portal when you can sit back and rub your eyes for a moment.

Pausing a lot can be tiresome, but not as much as dying.
Hmmm... I'll try that whole pausing thing. I wish the monster descriptions would better tell the tale as to what kind of protection I should use. (magic, fire, cold, lightning, etc)
Old 01-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Expert

Quote:
The quest/event chances are either in systems.gdb or quests.gdb depending on how they are triggered.
Awesome! I'll check those out.

Now, one thing I did notice about my PC versus the other NPCs is that they're primary attributes are nearly double my own. For instance, if I have 25 strength, the warrior in our guild (who is a lower level than me) has 48 and, consequently, he does a lot more damage than me. So, I've been concentrating on STR and DEX at the moment.

I've also lucked out and stumbled across several items including a two-handed sword, leggings, and a relic that all add varying degrees of health regeneration. I made sure to combine those items and respec my character for sword usage.

Is there anything on the game like they used in Hellgate where I can take an item I own and pay to have it upgraded to the same item, but just for a higher level character? Hellgate basically allows the player to take any item through the game by simply paying for DPS or armor upgrades. Of course, it's extremely expensive and you *can* upgrade an item to the point where you need to be a higher level to use it.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc386 View Post
Is there anything on the game like they used in Hellgate where I can take an item I own and pay to have it upgraded to the same item, but just for a higher level character? Hellgate basically allows the player to take any item through the game by simply paying for DPS or armor upgrades. Of course, it's extremely expensive and you *can* upgrade an item to the point where you need to be a higher level to use it.
Unfortunately, not really.
Patreon
Old 01-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Expert

Well, guess what? Things are starting to look up for me. I finally found a decent sword. I'm up to level 17 now and I do well over 100dps. w00t!

I'm also starting to find rings, amulets, etc. Getting interesting!

I realized that I was sacrificing armor points for regeneration bonuses. Sure, I could regenerate a pixel per second on the health bar, but it wasn't really enough to make a difference *during* battle, so I dumped my low-protection regen gear and picked up some rare chainmail with various magical protections. w00t!

Last edited by ncc386 : 01-15-2009 at 05:19 PM.