Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Champion

tweak these values higher:

XpMultMonsterNormal 1.0
XpMultMonsterCommon 2.0
XpMultMonsterUncommon 3.0
XpMultMonsterRare 4.0
XpMultMonsterVeryRare 5.0
XpMultMonsterUnique 6.0
XpMultMonsterLegend 7.0
XpMultMonsterBoss 25.0

located in assets003 in the database/systems.gdb

also, always try to edit things in 003, unless the files doesnt exist then move to 001. if you change it in 001 and it is also in 003 then it takes the 003 version.

Want to know how to change your covenant's icon?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Amateur

i did it, and reached level 100 with my first character, since then when i play with either of my characters i get negative xp

Last edited by Randall : 01-29-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Expert

That also happened to me once. My best judgment is that I overdid it. Either turn of the crazy xp multiplier after you've reached 100 of just get a lower xp amount (I did 100000 per monster) which made me reach about lvl 80+. I had no problems after that.

P.S. I finally discovered how to have 6 people in a party outside raids, hehehe. I have a question again to you shadow. I manage to get all of my recruits in doing quests, yet only two of us gets xp for finishing them (myself and my first party member). How do I change this?
Old 01-30-2008, 03:03 AM
Champion

I have had an idea about this for a while now but never tested, want to try it out? In systems.gdb look for:

// Group sizes

MaxRaidGroupSize 6
MaxAdventureGroupSize 2
MaxRecruits 5

try making the groupsize more like 6 so everyone can be in your party for xp reward. just an idea, let us know how it turns out.

Want to know how to change your covenant's icon?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:01 AM
Elite

That does it alright.

I wouldn't mess with MaxRecruits though, causes the game to crash for me, possibly for memory constraints.

edit: If you edit MaxAdventureGroupSize any recruits you take with you will indeed get kill XP. They won't however get quest XP. They'll also get in your way and block your path like never before. If you though dungeons were tough to manuever in with just one follower...

Also, AI covenants don't appear to take the increased party size into account, though they may take into account the fact that you're leaving your lifestone almost completely defenseless, I can't really test that efficiently.

Last edited by Delve : 01-30-2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 AM
Amateur

Well well... the fact that enemy covenant consider your house defenseless is a good thing: Bait, yes! But the fact that they block your way is unbearable.

A mixed bag, this option.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:45 AM
Expert

That's actually still exactly my question. I can't get them to get quest xp, so then my question is how? It would be really convenient if you have 4 chars that you can level up with you 'til lvl 100, especially if their special. I mean, what if you find a priest, a warrior and a wizard who're all lvl2 with 4 special traits each?

Anyway, I'm testing another thing. I made recruits capable of getting the "giant" special trait. I don't know if it'd work, but it could be really funny to have a warrior recruit about 3x the normal size. Imagine giants attacking lifestones, haha. I was also able to make recruits come one after the other (when a recruit disappears from the recruiting area, another one pops out automatically), Ijust modified the event timings and chances (0 time between events and 100%chance of new recruit).

Oh and another thing. I've modified the items given to you each time you create a new game, like, a warrior gets Sven's complete set in a new game, the mages get Eanlee's, etc. It's fun, though I admit it kinda kills the fun in hunting for loot. So I disabled it, haha.

Last edited by kaeruu : 01-30-2008 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by laclongquan View Post
Well well... the fact that enemy covenant consider your house defenseless is a good thing: Bait, yes! But the fact that they block your way is unbearable.

A mixed bag, this option.
I said may, I have no proof. Still a mixed bag as you can, with caution, go much further with 5 recruits tagging along than just one. Plus you have the option of recruiting several priests for the additional buffs at a tradeoff of pure damage output.

As for XP, I don't know if it's possible to change that. The game obviously handles quest XP differently, which makes me wonder if it's in code. Anyway, quest XP isn't going to make a huge impact. You may have some recruits lagging after a while but there's a trick. Send everyone back home, and then invite your weakest member first. That member will get the quest XP, being first in line. Cycle your recruits every now and then and you should be fine.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delve View Post
As for XP, I don't know if it's possible to change that. The game obviously handles quest XP differently, which makes me wonder if it's in code. Anyway, quest XP isn't going to make a huge impact. You may have some recruits lagging after a while but there's a trick. Send everyone back home, and then invite your weakest member first. That member will get the quest XP, being first in line. Cycle your recruits every now and then and you should be fine.
But still, it would be much easier, and faster if they all get the xp *evil grin*.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, quest XP only goes to the first follower. It actually does this to prevent a loophole. It's to prevent people from solving lots of quests, coming back to town, starting a raid with all of their recruits, and then solving all of the quests.
Patreon