Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2007, 02:11 AM
Champion

Default Use Covenants as Vendor Mules

NefariousD mentioned something in another thread that I hadn't been doing, but works nicely. Instead of going back and selling junk gear at a vendor in town, just trade it all to a covenant. It saves you the trip and time walking to the vendor, and it builds diplomacy with the covenant you choose as a middle-man. They like being your pack-slave!

The only drawback is that you may not get quite the same price, but I find that's not very important since I have plenty o' cash anyway.
Experience to extremes..." - RUSH, The Enemy Within
Old 08-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Expert

Just as a side note, I never would have bothered trying this unless I hadn't seen Shadow mention it in another thread regarding general gameplay tips, specifically, ways to build up diplomacy. It appears, at least in the demo, that you gain significantly more diplomacy by trading items than you do by giving gifts of influence or crystals, and the items are far less valuable to you anyway.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Elite

I usually make alot more money selling to the other covenants than I do selling to the vender. What they don't buy (those I want to be friends with), I give them until I have them in the palm of my hands.

Delilah Rehm
Old 06-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Expert

Analog mentioned above that you get more diplomacy for trading all your inventory to other convants vs. the vendor, you just wont get as much money. Yet, you actually get about 15-20% more cash from dumping your inventory on a convants trade screen. Ive noticed that when you do that and click "What will make this possible" or w/e, you can GENERALLY raise the price of that about 2s 50c or something. Something to keep in mind-
Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Elite

You can get a good bump by haggling. In my experience you'll get better results haggling on things they really want individually. Use the 'what do you like' button than haggle that item individually.

Af course, I haven't analyzed it, so in the end it may not make any difference at all if you just dump the lot of it on them.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Just a note: the better of a deal that they get the higher the relation boost, so it is a trade off. You can haggle and get more money and the least relation boost, you can not haggle and get decent money and decent relation boost, or you can give it to them for free and get no money but get the biggest relation boost.
Patreon
Old 06-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Expert

Yeah Delve, you probably could alot more if you sold everything individually, and you could spread out who you trade to for diplomacy in all areas. Then again, i usually get a full inventory of greens or more ( 12 slot and 3 8 slots ) and then dump it on. Soooo..indiv. would take alot of time, even tho its paused. And idk if this happens 2 other ppl, but my game 50% of the time lags on relations screen, as in, I highlight the convant, it takes a good 5 sec for its relations to show up.. and another 5 for meh comp to recognize teh click. So, w/e!
Old 06-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Expert

Then again Shadow, you could just get all their money and screw diplomacy. Lol, its funny when i raid people i can get like a 1/3 of their influence and some crystals then when they start refusing im like rawr! and beat teh crap otta em. ...dont you guys think if you have a thread or something that you should be able to get a message bout it on here instead of an email? b/c i think i check this more than my email.. and i hate the lil icons by teh thread
Old 06-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Elite

There's a tradeoff, but after a few worlds when you've got a significant surplus of gold you can just buy them off.

Doing individual transactions does take time. That's why I only bother doing individual transactions on the items that they really want. Anything left after that just gets dumped on them. Usually for free because I get lazy.

And, my computer doesn't have a problem with the relations screen.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

I just said it was a trade off. If you don't care about the relations boost, go right ahead and negotiation for as much money that they will give you.
Patreon