Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Elite

Combat is the only situation where efficiency becomes a critical factor in my opinion.

Anytime I'm spamming heals in combat it's because the mob just does that much damage, and faith efficiency isn't going to help me when I can't get the hit points fast enough. If I die because I can't heal fast enough then I'm going to end up right next to my lifestone, so faith efficiency becomes a moot point.

Outside of combat, I can take as long as I like to heal. Or to regen faith, whichever I need most. Prayer and possibly a short teleport to the lifestone is quite enough to regen faith quickly.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Amateur

Default Lesser Heal v. Greater Heal

Well I'm still a fairly low level hand-to-hand priest (16th) I find that when someone needs healing they rarely have time to wait for me to cast Greater Heal.

It seems to be I can get a heal off and attack once with lesser heal in the time it takes me to cast one greater heal.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:44 AM
Amateur

The rescue quests and wandering recruits/vendors often have the NPCs at 15-20% HP. At the time, pop them two lesser heal is more efficient than one greater.

My priests play a ranged attacker at close range, two most often spells are bolts and lesser heal. I got a stable of 4 priest at home to cast Hardiness, Protection from..., HOlyShield, and my companion of a highlevel warrior (4 extra bonus). Work like a charm!

My only gripe is that the stable NPCs cast buff spells not very well. they are more interested in buffing others and guards than me or my warrior. Most often I have to visit the Apethecary healer to get casted Hardiness and/or Protection. The beastmaster are simply too far.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Elite

Remove your guards to get your buffs faster. Recruits seem to prefer to cast on guards than other barbarians for some reason, at least in my experience. If you're getting impatient just 'uninstall' your guards from your house layout to remove the target until you get your buffs, then put them back in.

Caveat that I haven't tried it myself but it makes sense logically.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:25 PM
Amateur

And sometimes they just plain wont buff me, guard or no guard.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Elite

You may have a conflicting buff. For instance, hardiness and fire shield don't stack and NPCs won't attempt to cast one on you while you have the other.

There are other examples, but I can't think of them at the moment.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Expert

Relative to non-stackable buffs, is there any way to remove buffs other than wait them out? I dislike running around town and getting Fire Shield or some other buff cast on me by the Apothecary or Beast Master or potential recruit. My priest's Hardiness Buff is where I get almost all of my Vitality points so I would much prefer to cancel anything that gets in the way of that buff.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Expert

Exit and resume game. Both removes buffs and reuse time for skills. I don't know if Shadow changed this already though.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

No there is not a way to remove a buff, except for exit & resume and yes that will still work fine.
Patreon
Old 06-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Expert

Cool Greater vs. Lesser Heal

Well Shadow, you guys did a dam good job.. its really hard for me to decide between greater and lesser heals!