Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril strategy/tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Amateur

Default Can't use mod

When I download the zip file, my Imac automatically unzips it and I end up with a database folder with the file "groupsizemodsystems.gdb". Should I stick this somewhere or is there a way to leave the file zipped. I tried putting it in the assets folder and the database folder and it did not help.

BTW, are the entire contents of the asset folder supposed to stay in a zip file. I double clicked them and got the individual folders which is nice to poke around at but I want to make sure stuff gets saved.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Elite

You should really leave the asset files zipped.

As far as the mod, you should leave that zipped too. Apparently Macs have too much automation.

If you take the file from the mod and put it in assets/Database it should still work.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

Personally I have turned off that feature on my Mac. I find it more annoying than helpful.

You can just zip it back up though. Just make sure to compress the Database directory and not the file so that the directory structure inside the zip is correct.
Patreon
Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Expert

I probably won't contribute much to the thread, but i just want to say..6 man raids are AWESOME. I play a Lighting Mage, I have 2 Preists, 1 more Mage, A rogue and a Warrior. We are unstoppable. I downloaded the party mod about 2 hours ago..and started a new char just for it...i'm level 10 now..and that was from about an hours worthy of gameplay. Ive never beaten the game so i still only have easy world settings. Things go so fast that i do all my quests in groups of 6...i don't even have to return to town once each quest is done. Funny thing is..it may just be my recklace style...but i died about as often as normal.. Some times the mobs ignore my whole party and attack me. But with chain lighting i can kite the monsters pretty well, thank God for run casting.

On a side note...with or without this mod..ive noticed that the game sometimes slows down BADLY and stutters and..well, its almost like its lagging. Restarting usually fixes it..but it can be annoying.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Elite

Even with six people running around mobs are still going to chase you if you nuke them too much. You can try getting a rogue recruit with AoE control effects, but most of those break on damage which means your chain lightning is still going to sabotage you.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Expert

I've noticed the slowdown effect mostly coincides with three or four covenants deciding to raid each other at the same time. That or entering dungeons.

At any rate, with mage I found that all the dying wasn't worth it, hence I went for a debuff build. Has the side-benefit of making +magic find equipment the only things worth wearing.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Amateur

Default Something that you'll enjoy

if you enjoy playing with the large party i have a mod that will help improve the experience of the party play aspect i have a mod that lets you play with the full party of 6 and still have recruits to protect your life stone max coven recruits is 12 now also i have increased the monsters power to compinsate (sry about the spelling) for the extra power of having th party so the game is not to hard but not to easy where you never die which is what i found with the max party mod. So I went and recreated basicly the whole system of the game to balance out everything from what the original creators had some balancing issues in the beginning. So i took all the current game play mods and added them and rounded everything out the game now feels great. If you want the mod since it is not yet posted you can email me at rhayden_67@yahoo.ca and i will be happy to email you the Mod it makes the game a 1000 times better feels real professional now.