Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Elite

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature.

If I pause the game, I can collect a whole bunch of vials from one puddle, because it doesn't disappear until I unpause.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Amateur

Had a problem with a non-existant boss/named monster quest. Namely, two "revenge" type quests. The monster ("Tegus") was initially part of a kill quest offered by the warmaster, but Tegus completed whatever nefarious goal he was working on (darkness or quake machine I think), and that quest failed. Later, I found a townsperson offering a revenge quest to eliminate Tegus. In the level where the monster was supposed to be, I also found a ghost offering an "avenge my death" quest for the very same monster (Tegus). The warmaster is no longer offering a quest to kill Tegus.

I reset my fog of war for the level and searched the map in an extremely careful manner, looking for secret doors, levers, teleports, ect, but ultimately never found him. I think he's either non-existant or otherwise unreachable.

On a side note, the town I'm on has been ongoing for what seems like an abnormally long period of time. I've lost track of the number of hours I've put into it, but, it seems like I've finished all, or nearly all, the initial quest offerings and various other high reputation quests that pop up, but things still keep going. Could be normal for Demon War for all I know, but, compared to my pre-Demon War experience it's feeling out of the ordinary. New quests and monsters are popping up, so it's all good, but, I thought I'd mention it.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Champion

Since moving to DW I've had far more 'missing named monsters' problems. I've had to forfeit four towns because there is nowhere on level xyz that boss abc could be hiding. Often if the 'missing' guy is minor, this will totally end the dynamic events, so there is literally nothing to do but troll the one level looking for a secret door.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Amateur

Ran into a bug where I lost access to all the gates I had previously activated in a dungeon. I think the trigger was briefly playing in someone else's multiplayer game, then when I went back into my own game/town world, I found that I no longer had access to any of the gates I had previously activated. Which happened to be about 13 gates total (ouch) in a particularly deep dungeon.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Elite

Missing monsters often show up when you save and exit and reload your game.

However, it goes without saying that reloading your game should not be a method to solving a puzzle in a game. Shadow, any insight into whether you can fix this issue?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnakotus View Post
I've got a town where a machine (an earthquake machine) is being treated like a regular named badguy; people are meeting the earthquake machine, the earthquake machine is building other machines, etc. Is this normal?
Just got one like this. Where do I send the savegame?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Champion

I attached my files to my post up above. Hopefully the information he needs is in there, because I'd already ended the town in question.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Champion

Default Townspeople completed quests need a different "failure" branch

A find the plans quest was failed, but I failed it because a townsperson completed the quest. A gate was built because of the failure.

Events from the log:

Quote:
00:22:42 - Jeffreeborion has gathered the Secret Documents needed
00:22:42 - We failed to discover the plans, now an evil gate has been built.
00:22:42 - Failed Find plans quest
00:24:50 - The Evil Gate has been destroyed.
The gate appeared nearby and I ran into it on my way back to town, destroying it.

Do you believe that if townspeople complete quests that it should trigger the same form of failed quests?

I would cast my vote for townspeople completing quests counts as a different form of failure: I still get docked the reputation, but the quest doesn't trigger some form of in-the-monster's-favor reaction.

Additionally, I'm not sure if townspeople get bonuses for completing quests, but if they don't, I think townspeople should get some sort of riches, happiness, or something, if they complete quests before I get to them. It would make failing quests and my reputation deducted more palatable.
Holiday Items, fun for at least 17.6 seconds: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3095
Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Expert

A town attack alert ended prematurely on me today. I killed off two small amorphs then collected my quest reward while a couple of tiny amorphs that split from a third small amorph in another corner of town were still attacking.

00:17:54 - The Small Mud Amorph are raiding the town in revenge for destroying their altar!
00:18:25 - Ward (Townsperson) was killed by a Small Mud Amorph!
00:18:35 - The attack on the town has been repelled
00:18:44 - Solved Stop the Small Mud Amorph raid quest
00:18:53 - Anna (Townsperson) was killed by a Tiny Mud Amorph!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Figure View Post
A town attack alert ended prematurely on me today. I killed off two small amorphs then collected my quest reward while a couple of tiny amorphs that split from a third small amorph in another corner of town were still attacking.

00:17:54 - The Small Mud Amorph are raiding the town in revenge for destroying their altar!
00:18:25 - Ward (Townsperson) was killed by a Small Mud Amorph!
00:18:35 - The attack on the town has been repelled
00:18:44 - Solved Stop the Small Mud Amorph raid quest
00:18:53 - Anna (Townsperson) was killed by a Tiny Mud Amorph!
I've gotten this one in various forms, from town attacks (I had the same problem as Shadowy Figure had in a long ago, vanilla version of Din's), to other quests. I think the quest engine tags the specific quest/event to an amorph of a particular size. Amorphs probably need some sort of flag that, only when all of their descendants are killed will the quest/town attack be marked as completed.
Holiday Items, fun for at least 17.6 seconds: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3095