Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad_Soul View Post
After tornadoes wiped out most of the town during a recent game, the apothecary was the last quest giver standing. A message "a potential new steward has been found" popped up, but the corresponding quest never appeared at the apothecary. A while later, the "potential new warmaster" message popped up, and this quest did appear at the apothecary. After completing that quest and getting a new warmaster into the game, I found the "recruit a new steward quest" with the new warmaster. Not sure if this is intended or not. It would seem the recruit a new steward quest registered itself with the (then) non-existant warmaster at the time the message popped up.
It's intended. The warmaster holds the steward quest. The steward holds the apothecary quest, and the apothecary holds the warmaster quest. This can be a bit of a nuisance (as you mentioned) if two are dead and you get the quest for the wrong one.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Elite

Figured I would post an anti-bug , a case where the game got in a funny state but fixed itself.

Completed all mandatory quests. Only had an optional "find X items" quest, but had not saved the town. (Wonder if it is because I completed all the "kill boss" quests before I found a steward and apothecary?) After I solved the last (optional) quest, 3 seconds later I got the saved town message.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Expert

Ran into a couple bugs with 1.016 + expansion.

1) The town attacked my summoned Fury when I teleported into town. First time in a number play sessions that's happened. When I summoned a new Fury, they stopped attacking and went back to their places.

2) After saving a person who had been petrified, I talked to her and there was some placeholder text (##3##) in her dialogue (see image).

Edit: Also, in another game, The Earthquake Machine was building other Machines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0010.jpg (77.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg ss0009-1.jpg (57.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ebarstad : 01-26-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Amateur

During multiplayer, I ran into a visual/graphical glitch with another player's mana bar. Basically, the mana bar far exceeded its usual bounds. Screenshots below:

Old 01-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Champion

Sometimes Dimensional Gates (and maybe other inanimate objects) heal themselves from drinking potions, or it sounds like their drinking a potion after there life bar instantly increases. Since deep wounds on objects such as gates and totems are a thing of the past it would make sense to remove the ability to instantly self-heal (regeneration on a object would still be ok). It would also be kinda neat if inanimate objects like gates, chests, totems suffer a bit of a defensive penalty somehow or make it slightly easier for the player to land a crushing blow on a object.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
Sometimes Dimensional Gates (and maybe other inanimate objects) heal themselves from drinking potions, or it sounds like their drinking a potion after there life bar instantly increases.
That is from "eating" any nearby monsters that were recently slain, like a scavenger. Target the gate without killing the neighboring mob, and the gate won't regain health.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
That is from "eating" any nearby monsters that were recently slain, like a scavenger. Target the gate without killing the neighboring mob, and the gate won't regain health.
Interesting, I never realized that was what was going on. I will keep that in mind the next time I encounter a carnivorous gate .

Last edited by Archon : 01-26-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bak View Post
I always thought is was the other way around - that dimensional gates gain life when they teleport a new monster in.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Elite

Torch hidden inside the wall. Pic below:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (10.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Amateur

I was playing DW last night and here is some observations with the tornado issue.

My first town had tornado alley, and I did notice the huge amount of tornadoes but they calmed down after awhile. I exited the game and re-entered (without quitting DC) when I started up again I was hit by a huge amount of tornadoes almost immediately (after an hour or so before exit/restart where there where none). After I beat this town, the next two have not had any tornadoes at all. I will see what happens when I re-enter the game tonight.

On another note the reason I restarted was I was doing a quest to kill a boss on Lvl 9 of the dungeon and could not find him anywhere at all, I think I got all the secret areas on the lvl as well, I walked around the edges and spent at lest 2 hours looking. I remembered the dungeons re-setting if you quit in town so I did this and as soon as I went back to lvl 9 the boss attacked me straight away, not sure if this is a bug though