Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Demon War BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobear View Post

What do you mean by placing traps 5-10 paces from where you are running to? Do you mean place them in front of me so that I eventually run to where I threw them?
What i mean is that you should try and place the traps at least 5 walking/running spaces in front of you and more the faster your movement speed is. Spaces equal how many steps you take. The amount of steps is going to be difficult to measure unless you experiment with it.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:36 AM
Elite

Got it. As I've gotten more skilled with traps, I've found myself doing just as you describe. At my current skill level, I personally no longer desire my 1st and 2nd requests, though the ranger has the steepest learning curve of any class I've tried so far IMHO (which is all but Conjurer and Demon Hunter). It seems really underpowered until you get the right gear and skill, and then it's really nice. There are some unique things you can do with it to surprise your enemies. I still think Multishot should auto-aquire targets 2 and 3, though perhaps if I had been playing all along with it I would have developed enough skill to use it effectively too, I don't know.

There's one other suggestion I'd like to make for the ranger class. At high level, where you frequently get ambushed by large packs of um... ambushing broods and the like, Lure seems like a great skill to have. However, I tried speccing into it and it was going to take an insane amount of ranks to make work with level 102 monsters, requiring far more points than I have invested in any other skill. Honestly, it should require about half the ranks it does to be worth it.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Amateur

I agree with tweaking multishot a bit. From my own experiments with it, it seems more like a close quarters ability, functioning like a "shotgun" blast at best. The spread of the shots make it a questionable and inefficient ability for any sort of distance work. Of course, distance work is kind of the point to the ranger (archer).

Tightening up the "spread" or "cone" of the shots might be interesting too, if auto target acquisition wasn't desired.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Expert

I like the idea of making multishot a cone attack. As it is, it doesn't seem very effective. Auto-targeting would be nice, but it might be even better to make it a focused cone attack, so that the ranger could fire at a group of targets and hit all or most of them. This would be very effective for this class, since the monsters being hunted typically gang up on each other or on the hapless vendors and townsfolk who make the foolish mistake of wandering alone in the dungeons!