Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Demon War
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluddy View Post
That makes sense. If their physical component is nullified for a lightning attack, however, that leaves them with... 0.25 lightning damage per zap? How about 0.6/0.7 lightning, 0.3 physical, where the physical is only for claws. That would make them formidable but still weaker than regular attacks. The same logic applies to shamans and nagas.
Yeah, they have 0.25 damage per zap, however, their lightning never misses. They don't have a to hit calculation and you can't dodge it like projectiles.
Patreon
Old 03-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
It already takes some of the monsters a while to break down a door. Too much lower and they might be hacking on a door forever.
Is this then a problem of the damage of the monsters, or the hit points of the door?

They make some MIGHTY FINE doors at level 50, I gotta say. I wonder who the carpenter is, because I want him to come to MY house. I'm a great and powerful warrior, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, but that door STILL takes at least 5 hits to open.

Is that really necessary? It's a door. If a monster can't find its way out of a paper bag, maybe it's because it has lizard brains.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

It doesn't really make sense that doors get more health over the levels. However if you want them to still be a similar obstacle to the player and the monsters at level 100 as they are at level 1 their health needs to scale.
Patreon
Old 03-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Legend

Quote:
Yes, most of them use ClassMonsterGeneric, but some of the values are ignored for monsters. Their damage comes from MinDamage/MaxDamage and MinDamagePerLevel/MaxDamagePerLevel in BaseMonsters.gdb and the multipliers for each difficulty level.

I believe their health does come from vitality like normal.

Yes, the DamageMultPhysical -10000 would essentially remove the physical damage. Basically for a Saurian mage the lightning bolts are pure lightning but if they actually hit you with their claws it would be half lightning/half physical damage.

It already takes some of the monsters a while to break down a door. Too much lower and they might be hacking on a door forever.
Shadow, do monsters get a resistance bonus from spirit? If so, their resistance is higher than what's outlined in BaseMonsters.gdb, right?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Shadow, do monsters get a resistance bonus from spirit? If so, their resistance is higher than what's outlined in BaseMonsters.gdb, right?
No. A monster's resistances are similar to damage, some numbers in BaseMonsters.gdb and the difficulty multiplier.
Patreon
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Legend

Quote:
No. A monster's resistances are similar to damage, some numbers in BaseMonsters.gdb and the difficulty multiplier.
OK just wanted to make sure I had that part right.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Legend

This boss just sat there and did nothing while I pelted him with fire. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he has fear going on? Bosses probably shouldn't be able to be fearful. Not sure if that was the problem though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss0010.jpg (71.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 PM
Elite

Quote:
This boss just sat there and did nothing while I pelted him with fire. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he has fear going on? Bosses probably shouldn't be able to be fearful. Not sure if that was the problem though.
Yes -- he has the fear debuff icon. That would explain it. It happened to my necromancer's dual completely-Growth'd scavengers all the time. They'd run around being useless. LOL
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Amateur

my revives keep running around like headless chickens, gettin fear status for no apparent reason...
Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Expert

I went up to Jewel the Jeweler because of her question mark status. Not only does she only have one crappy ring for sale, she's also in debt (with 94CP!)... and she calls herself Anna. I accept the get Anna out of debt quest. I click on her again to give her some coin and she's Jewel again. I complete the quest and she's Anna. Then back to Jewel. And, no, there were no other Anna's in town.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jewel2.jpg (79.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg jewel1.jpg (86.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by EternalChampion : 03-07-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: clarity