Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Champion

Exclamation My two cents

here are things, i want to mention since long time

1. What is the sense to select only a party memeber, a monster, an item with the right click? When should i do this and what is it good for?

2. During heavy battles i always left click on a party member and enjoy the pop up screen, which hides some part of the battlefield. No, i don't want to have a look on the equipment or the skills of that party member during the fight, i just want to kill these f***ing monsters

3. After a short while you always find the teleport stone and put it in a hotbar slot, wasting this valuable slot. Why? The stone also wastes your inventory space, especially in the beginning this space is very valuable. Please forget this teleport stone and use the key (maybe L) with the same function, as they did it in Titan Quest.

Detlev
Old 09-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetlevH View Post
here are things, i want to mention since long time

1. What is the sense to select only a party memeber, a monster, an item with the right click? When should i do this and what is it good for?
right click is actualy pretty handy, with buffing moves(priest more than other classes), you can then cast them on friends without running over to them or popping up the talk box. It's also very useful for mages against monsters to allow you to attack from long range without running in and trying to hit it with a weak staff.

Quote:
2. During heavy battles i always left click on a party member and enjoy the pop up screen, which hides some part of the battlefield. No, i don't want to have a look on the equipment or the skills of that party member during the fight, i just want to kill these f***ing monsters
turn it off, it's in the options.

Quote:
3. After a short while you always find the teleport stone and put it in a hotbar slot, wasting this valuable slot. Why? The stone also wastes your inventory space, especially in the beginning this space is very valuable. Please forget this teleport stone and use the key (maybe L) with the same function, as they did it in Titan Quest.
that is a little annoying, what I tend to do is fill up more than 1 set (use W to switch between them), and have a few of my common moves in all sets in the same slots(so I don't need to worry about these moves), I think there are 4 sets, which is an allowance for 40 items or moves, I can't imagine losing 1 space being a big complaint.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Champion

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scragar View Post
right click is actualy pretty handy, with buffing moves(priest more than other classes), you can then cast them on friends without running over to them or popping up the talk box. It's also very useful for mages against monsters to allow you to attack from long range without running in and trying to hit it with a weak staff.
Yes, but i want to have the second atttack on right click, because i am a rogue.
Quote:
turn it off, it's in the options.
Thanks for this advice!

Quote:
that is a little annoying, what I tend to do is fill up more than 1 set (use W to switch between them), and have a few of my common moves in all sets in the same slots(so I don't need to worry about these moves), I think there are 4 sets, which is an allowance for 40 items or moves, I can't imagine losing 1 space being a big complaint.
I am sorry, that's absolutely confusing for me. The switch between Weapon/Shield sets switches exactly this and not the hotbar slots.
How do you have 40 items, 4 sets, i have 2 sets with 2 Swords because i can't wear a shield as a rogue?

Would you explain please what you mean?

Detlev
Old 09-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Expert

Quote:
Yes, but i want to have the second atttack on right click, because i am a rogue.
I agree. I'm not too particularly fond of selecting a monster before you can attack it. I rather prefer diablo 2 style where you just randomly use skills regardless of whether you selected a monster or not. Nothing like spamming a fireball with nothing on the screen and the pleasure you get when you actually hit something off the screen.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Champion

Quote:
I am sorry, that's absolutely confusing for me. The switch between Weapon/Shield sets switches exactly this and not the hotbar slots.
How do you have 40 items, 4 sets, i have 2 sets with 2 Swords because i can't wear a shield as a rogue?

Would you explain please what you mean?
oh, sorry, I was confusing games a little, DoP gives you 20 quick use slots (click the different coloured dot just to the left of the normal slots for the other 10 - although these 10 aren't assigned hotkeys, which is a shame, it is handy for putting things like the teleport stone on for when you need it).

Quote:
How would the game know what more you want to use? And I think the right click has some use, even for rogues, consider if you come accross a unique monster, what would you do? Go right into an attack, or would you rather select it first to see what your up against(level and it's buffs), atleast then you know what your up against.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Expert

Quote:
How would the game know what more you want to use? And I think the right click has some use, even for rogues, consider if you come accross a unique monster, what would you do? Go right into an attack, or would you rather select it first to see what your up against(level and it's buffs), atleast then you know what your up against.
What we have currently isn't bad, and what you said makes sense. But I still prefer diablo 2 style of attacking. I guess it's just matter of preference. Besides not all players are careful type like you. There are many "let's just bash the damn monster and see if it dies" type of players. Most likely they play warriors here.