Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Amateur

Default General question

Hey, I'm new here(also just bought the game) and I had a couple simple questions.

I started using the 'balancing' mod because I thought being limited to only one party member was rather annoying(and found out later that I'm glad I had more than one, as some parts of the game destroyed me totally over and over... with all 6).

How ever, I had one or two concerns.

1. Is there a way to make it so xp from quests is distributed among all 6 people instead of just the main character and the first person on the party roster? It makes keeping your team evenly leveled a pretty big chore, having to take everyone off your team to get the right person at the time, that and finish a quest for each person.

2. I also noticed that the XP from quests seems to be ... ALOT after applying this mod, is this intentional? or was XP always this high.

Getting 60k xp from one quest at level 8 or 9 is quite a jump, as it took a while to get to 8... then jumped to level 14 in one quest(also took a while for the quests to catch up with my level ... they never really did, I was level 37 by the time we beat ciglio and the other boss, my party was around level 31).

Anyway, glad to be here. the games really fun! hopefully i'm not potentially ruining the experience with this mod.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Amateur

Haven't tried the balance mod but 60k exp for a level 8 quest is like 10-20x more than normal.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Elite

1) No, that's hardcoded. Quest XP will only ever get split between you and the first recruit in the party. If you want to even it out some you can send the top party member home and then reinvite him from time to time. He'll come back at the bottom so you'll be doing the slow rotisserie sort of thing with them.

2) I believe the 'balance' mod you're referring to is more about 'un'balancing. The quests won't catch up to your level, as it sounds like you've crossed a difficulty threshold. When you start a new world you should be able to move up a difficulty now, which will make the quests a little closer to challenging. However the game is generally sickly easy with 6 party members, even with no XP boosting, since it was designed for adventuring with a single partner.

I'd suggest taking that mod out and replacing it with the vanilla 'max party' (I forget the proper name of it) mod from the Soldak mods page. It'll let you keep all your recruits in the party, but you'll level more appropriately so the difficulty will keep better pace.