Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Amateur

Yeah, I saw this at one point also. I had 4 NPC recruits in my convenent, one of whom was a priest that was buffing the others, who then drained my lifestone. My lifestone was dropping almost to 50% just from those buffs.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Amateur

Your lifestone didn't drop, it increased instead. For example, if you have 1 litre of water in 1 litre vessel and then pour it into 2 litre vessel, you still will have 1 litre of water altough the vessel is now half empty. Your lifestones maximum healt, depends on you and your partys maximum healt.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Amateur

No, my 4 recruits' vitality doubled, and they drained the lifestone to get themselves up to their new maximum.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Champion

you don't drain the lifestone, the lifestones health does not decrease if you or your recruits heal themselves from it.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:50 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
No, my 4 recruits' vitality doubled, and they drained the lifestone to get themselves up to their new maximum.
No, like i said. Your life stones maximum health doubled also. The health that was there remained the same. 1l is 1l even if its in a 2 litre bottle.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Amateur

Either we're playing different games, or we're talking past each other.

The Priest casts Hardiness to increase the max hit points of my warrior. He's at, say, 100, and she ups him to 130. He's now at 100 out of 130, and he uses the lifestone to heal himself up to 130, draining the lifestone while he's doing it. Similarly for the other 3 NPCs in the covenant. The lifestone drops, and I get a message that my lifestone is now down to 50%. The Priest is not casting spells to increase the health of the lifestone, she's casting hardiness on the NPCs. The max health of the lifestone is unchanged.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Amateur

Publis, I think the misunderstanding is that your Lifestones health is calculated by the total health of you and all the recruits and guards on your team. So in your example when a Priest casts Hardiness and raises your warriors health from 100 up to 130, your Lifestones maximum health is raised to reflect the new max health of your warrior.

Using the Lifestones healing effect does not drain anything from your lifestone. The only way your Lifestones health is drained is if you or one of your recruits dies or if the Lifestone takes direct damage from an attack.

If you mouse over your Lifestones health bar before and after Hardiness is cast I'm sure you will see a difference in max health.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Elite

To use your example:
Your lifestone has, say, 500/500 HP. When your priest casts hardiness on your warrior raising his max HP to 130, your lifestone also raises max HP and now has 500/530 HP. Just like the warrior.

Your lifestone's max HP is a function of the max HP of all members of the covenant (I don't know the exact function, but it's a direct relationship so if one goes up so does the other). Next time you load your game hover your mouse over your lifestone while the priest casts hardiness as fast as she can and you can watch the lifestone's max HP increase. This relationship between character HP and lifestone HP is part of why higher level covenants are harder to destroy. Their stones just take a lot longer to crush, even if you can manage to demolish the guards and members.

Shadow, if I may make a suggestion, next time you make a system like that have it ignore temporary bonuses. It'll be less confusing.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delve View Post
Shadow, if I may make a suggestion, next time you make a system like that have it ignore temporary bonuses. It'll be less confusing.
Yeah, if I was doing it again, I would do that.
Patreon
Old 09-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Amateur

As an additional note:

The hardiness spell also boosts your health regen rate (as it is determined by your Vitality score). e.g. I heal +13 / tick before the spell, I might heal +17 after the spell.

This is rather handy, as it works for food items!