Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Powers View Post
Any idea when the patch will work it's way through the impulse game thingie? Thanks!
could take a while seing as its still beta atm . you can just install it as usual though (did so with my copy from impulse)
Old 07-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Champion

Sweet! Thanks for the info

Wow, I just completely missed that it was a beta patch( ).

Last edited by Max_Powers : 07-21-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Elite

Perspective view looks really nice; it almost feels like I'm playing a different game now.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Amateur

Thumbs up

Hello all, I have been playing for a couple of months now, but I have only recently started lurking the forums. However with the release of this patch, I just had to register so I could post about how awesome the new shadows, lighting, and perspective view is. The game was already great before, but it looks 10 times better now. The atmosphere is greatly improved, and it does feel like a new game. My first town rolled up with the new version had the modifiers Darkness, Death, and Fog, and I really feel like I am crawling an actual dark dungeon now.

Were you guys aware that if you look at all of the fixes and improvements since the first build, it is around 28 pages long?

Big time thanks to Shadow for continuing work on improving the game. I can't wait to see what the expansion and future patches will bring.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 PM
Elite

Just wanted to add my appreciation of the new shadows and perspective mode, they make the game look even more awesome!
Old 07-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Champion

Great work on the patch Shadow, I like the new advanced shadows option and the new UI touches make the game look much better. I am undecided on the new perspective mode since it kinda strains my eyes after a while although I will keep trying perspective view from time to time to see if I can get used to it.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Elite

Excellent job on the patch. I really like the new background for the splash screen; it gives it a completely different look. I'm still getting used to the perspective; it makes me feel like I'm running downhill . I miss being able to hover over the dots on the mini map to see what they are. As somebody said at the last patch, I look forward more to new patches than I do to other new games. Great work, Shadow.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Amateur

Smile

It looks beautiful! Amazing job with those visual changes. (I finally started playing DC after buying the pre-release version a while back, and it's entirely too addictive.)
Old 07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Expert

Great job on the new patch Steven!

I am surprised to see this much of a graphic improvement with Din's at this stage, maybe with the expansion but not just a patch.

The game with perspective mode on and advanced shadows really takes it to a higher level graphically not to mention the new menu screens and UI improvements. I'd have to say now on my 22" LCD wide screen fully cranked up it's actually one of my favorite looking games that I play
Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon View Post
Great work on the patch Shadow, I like the new advanced shadows option and the new UI touches make the game look much better. I am undecided on the new perspective mode since it kinda strains my eyes after a while although I will keep trying perspective view from time to time to see if I can get used to it.
Zoomed in all the way in perspective mode is also pretty cool. It's harder to play but more surprising!