Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Elite

This one is iffy as a bug, it may be that it's intended this way because it's been like this from the start. Shields add defense, but I've noticed they don't add to the chance to block. When they get a defense modifier they also get the additional block chance (+20 Def / +20 Block), but the stock defense rate never get a corresponding block chance.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Amateur

Default Enemies Stuck Outside of Town

This may have been reported already, but I have been having instances in which I get a report that "X is attacking the town," and when I return, there is a red dot on the outskirts (outside of the gate) that I cannot reach, but the enemy still has the ability to set traps in town, attack NPCs, etc.

Cheers,

Matt
Old 12-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHR View Post
This may have been reported already, but I have been having instances in which I get a report that "X is attacking the town," and when I return, there is a red dot on the outskirts (outside of the gate) that I cannot reach, but the enemy still has the ability to set traps in town, attack NPCs, etc.
Which version are you playing? I think it was fixed in 1.010.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Amateur

Ah, I just purchased and assumed I had the latest version, but you're right, it's 1.008. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Elite

More items with a gray background in their icon instead of black: Linen Leggings and Padded Cowl.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Elite

Found another minor cosmetic bug. When dragging the basic attack skill from the Paladin's base skills bar to the quick skill bar the icon shows a sword in the skill bar instead of a mace.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Amateur

I've seen this bug before in the 0.9. series but it's just happened in the 1.012 patched version of Din's Cure + Demon Wars.

There is a Healthstone in the middle of a T intersection which blocks access to 2 of the 3 corridors.
I'm on Level 7 needing to get down to Level 13, unfortunately that's the only way to access the rest of the level.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafk View Post
I've seen this bug before in the 0.9. series but it's just happened in the 1.012 patched version of Din's Cure + Demon Wars.

There is a Healthstone in the middle of a T intersection which blocks access to 2 of the 3 corridors.
I'm on Level 7 needing to get down to Level 13, unfortunately that's the only way to access the rest of the level.
Any attack skill on your hotbar or set as a right click skill can be used to smash the healthstone to gain access to the rest of the dungeon, just like you might do to a locked door or chest. Just mouse over the stone and choose an attack.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Amateur

Thanks I forgot about that feature.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Champion

Default Another infestation

1. Despite the game's backstory, Dark Elves are among the easiest mob species to spook. All too often, they are the ones running from Chaos Lords, crying for their mommies.
2. My report of Legendary weapons having too many added enchants was probably in error. Since then, I have seen several Artifact versions of a weapon that add a damage-related enchant to the Elite version. Thus, the Legendary version must start from the Artifact version and add an enchant of its own.
3. Tore's equipment seemingly should have been a set, with a dagger, bracers, and gloves (and more items?) that all are a cut above 90% of the usual uniques. Perhaps give it thief-related set bonuses like +Money Find, +Item/Magic Find, +Crit/DW chance?
4. Item characteristic "of ingenious" needs to use a noun, "of ingeniousness."
5. Nefarious Plans that are still unread by the time that their author is killed turn to gibberish instead of adding a quest, already completed, to the quest log.
6. Shatter spell has an awfully large targeting radius and a strange hidden assumption. It tends to target the nearest mob even if that mob is pi radians and half the screen away from where I clicked, one inch away from the mob that I wanted to whack.
7. Ice Prison's tooltip on an affected mob lists the spell's max duration against an L0 mob instead of scaling it for the target mob.
8. Scavengers can complete a meal and grow/heal up even while stunned by Thunderbolt or presumably anything else.
9. An Orc Shaman appeared out of nowhere and started following me around the dunjon like a summon, but with the completed quest icon above him. Upon clicking him, I discovered that I had completed an "8 base of operations" [sic] quest, involving "killing a bunch of Orc Shamans in 8" [sic]. Aside from the missing text, the dunjon only had five levels.
10. A town with two Armorsmiths had one petrified. After curing him, I saw the other one thank me for curing his own [sic] petrifaction.
11. One character's very first town on Champion difficulty, right after earning her freedom, saw me turn in maybe two busywork quests to Din, fail another Dinquest, go up one character level, stay on the same Reputation level (6), and have the Din's Champion quest spawn anyway with the town already in progress.
12. Din's quest description for titles beyond Granted Freedom continues to read as though I'm still his slave. The description and quest-claiming popup should be altered to something like "I will grant/You have received the honor $nobletitle."