Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2016, 09:54 AM
Elite

The Herodius avatar came by and made a lifestone noise the whole time he was in range of my party -- it was a regeneration affect. Much needed, but noisy.

P4 quests -- "optional"? Optional quests shouldn't have a "priority" level. They could be just (O) for Optional. It would make more sense in the HUGE lists of quests that sometimes scroll off the screen when pointing to an area.... I didn't realize until LAST NIGHT that all(?) of the P4 quests were optional.

And there's no place in the help system that explains the priority numbers. That might help explain how I could play this game so long and not notice.

(in case this seems a little nitpicky: priority and optional are nearly antonyms...something that has priority is required, something that is optional is not required.)

Last edited by Crisses : 01-31-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:25 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisses View Post
P4 quests -- "optional"? Optional quests shouldn't have a "priority" level. They could be just (O) for Optional. It would make more sense in the HUGE lists of quests that sometimes scroll off the screen when pointing to an area.... I didn't realize until LAST NIGHT that all(?) of the P4 quests were optional.
Technically all the quests are optional, you don't have to do any of them, but bad things could happen if you ignore ones that aren't. Think of priority levels like danger levels. Sure, something may be harmless, but you still give it a danger level rating regardless.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Elite

Wishing well heal/repair didn't heal my NPCs or their minion, but says "heals us" in the text?

During an attack on my town, one of my guards was attacking my door. I don't think he actually did damage to it, but it was glitchy.

After a town attack, everyone in town crowded around a gate, flaming swords and all, and didn't go back to work. I had come back for a 2nd town attack....and they were still standing there. I got them to go back to work -- not sure if it was proximity or me fiddling with one of the NPC's work settings.

Gate guards should only attack things that are in the town, not run out of town chasing things down. They have a problem where they'll go deeper and deeper into the neighboring area if they keep getting into proximity of creatures outside the town.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSota View Post
Technically all the quests are optional, you don't have to do any of them, but bad things could happen if you ignore ones that aren't. Think of priority levels like danger levels. Sure, something may be harmless, but you still give it a danger level rating regardless.
I figure P1-P3 is your "honey do" list. It's not optional, you should try to do these things or your town will be very unhappy and there might be retribution.

If everyone considers their "honey do" list to be "Technically optional" it would explain the current divorce rates.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:27 AM
Expert

Quote:
I figure P1-P3 is your "honey do" list. It's not optional, you should try to do these things or your town will be very unhappy and there might be retribution.

If everyone considers their "honey do" list to be "Technically optional" it would explain the current divorce rates.
They are perfectly optional. Plenty of times I've played through just messing around and not focusing much on them. If they weren't optional, they would be required to beat an area, and they aren't. You can clear a map without doing them, at least, without trying to. Inevitably you will complete some as you go about your way. Now, is this the recommended or best way to play? No, but it is totally possible.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:33 PM
Elite

If you don't have enough money for the Order of the Moon's special reward for a mutual protection pact, the message "BuyCovenantSpecialItemCantAfford" comes up.

I also could not recruit a conjurer who already had skellies summoned. They were seen as enemies and the message "Enemies Too Close" appeared when attempting to recruit.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:21 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caal View Post
I also could not recruit a conjurer who already had skellies summoned. They were seen as enemies and the message "Enemies Too Close" appeared when attempting to recruit.
I reported that problem a couple weeks ago. A recruit had a fire elemental summoned I think -- and I couldn't recruit them etc. because of the same reason. Maybe the bug will get squished this time.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I reported that problem a couple weeks ago. A recruit had a fire elemental summoned I think -- and I couldn't recruit them etc. because of the same reason. Maybe the bug will get squished this time.
I believe I have this fixed for 0.918.
Patreon
Old 02-14-2016, 02:14 AM
Expert

I just got around to looking at it, and I noticed that the piercing projectiles hitting the same enemy multiple times was patched out. I actually liked this feature for just messing around with the game and not playing it more seriously. It doesn't look like this was patched through the Assets though, at least I can't find it. Would there be a way to make a mod to re-enable it, so that it works as intended in the base game still?

Last edited by DanSota : 02-14-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSota View Post
I just got around to looking at it, and I noticed that the piercing projectiles hitting the same enemy multiple times was patched out. I actually liked this feature for just messing around with the game and not playing it more seriously. It doesn't look like this was patched through the Assets though, at least I can't find it. Would there be a way to make a mod to re-enable it, so that it works as intended in the base game still?
No, it was a code change. If you wanted to mod something similar you could just change one of the projectile attacks to do a ton of damage.
Patreon