Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

I just tweeted about one of them: Stalker.
Patreon
Old 09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I just tweeted about one of them: Stalker.
Thanks!

One spell I would like back is the fireball spell. Fireball is bread and butter of every RPG for spellcasters
Old 09-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerytykeys View Post
One spell I would like back is the fireball spell. Fireball is bread and butter of every RPG for spellcasters
There is a fireball spell.
Patreon
Old 09-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
There is a fireball spell.
Great!

What about a spell that turns the enemy into a chicken or a cow or something (it could even drop meat!). It would be a good way to get rid of key targets, like spellcaster or healer monsters.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

We don't have any polymorph other type of spells, but we do have plenty of stun/freeze types that would tactically do the same thing.
Patreon
Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Amateur

A shapeshifting class would be fantastic. I'd like to be a kitty. Examples here would be the druids in WoW, D2, NWN. It does require extra art, though.

Oh, and please add an archer class, or something hybrid'ish like D2's amazon.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Right now it does look like we will have a ranged class.
Patreon
Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Amateur

Good news. If given the choice, my first character in a new RPG is almost always a ranger type of class. Ideally one with an animal pet and some stealth, but this is rarely offered. Back in Ultima Online, where you could mix and match skills, one of my favourite characters was one that had mastered archery, taming and stealth. She could also craft her own bows.

I did prefer this completely free skill system where your character was always what he or she did, not what you put points into. Archery increased by shooting arrows, stealth increased by sneaking around, taming increased by taming animals, etc. There were downsides early on, like "accidental" skill increases which caused other skills to athrophy, but they fixed it later with skill locks and a removal of passive learning (i.e. if you stood close to someone who was making potions, you learned a little alchemy at low levels just by "watching").

I imagine that a system like this is much harder to balance than the more traditional class system, though, though semi classes can probably be enforced indirectly, i.e. by making a magery skill more potent by having another skill that increases magic damage, or a meditation skill that increases mana regeneration, so you'd still have de-facto classes, but also allow typical non-magic users to get some low level, non-damage utility spells.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Legend

I got a few other ideas for skills. Here goes:

-Viper Venom. This skill is almost a necessity. It is one of my favorite skills in the game for a rogue. At high lvls, it is almost unfair so long as the enemy doesn't have too much poison resistance. Fits the bill really well too, if there is an assassin type character which there probably will be. Even if there isn't; this is still one of the best skills you get. Especially for the characters that want to focus on elemental damage instead of physical damage.

-Concentration Skills for the rogue type classes (Concentration: Poison, Speed, Blur) These skills were a neat way to make the rogue like classes more unique, though they should be tweaked a little bit. For one, I think that the concentration skills should have a longer lasting time both in DOP and the new game: Din's Curse. 30 seconds just isn't enough time. It would be alright if the recharging time wasn't 4 minutes. Because the recharge time is 4 minutes, it makes those skills almost useless.

-There should be a deception-like skill that is like gouge but instead when it hits it makes the enemy suffer deep wounds. It would have a certain amount of time that it lasts that goes up with levels.

-There should also be a passive skill for the rogue that gives the rogue-like classes a chance to do deep wounds.

-Lethal Blow. Lethal Blow should be in the game, though it shouldn't cost as much mana/momentum. 20 Momentum is quite a hike for a skill that you get right at the start.

That's it for now. Sorry if I seem to favor the rogue classes. I'm just a big fan of stealth-llke characters, especially since I write about them a lot as well
Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Elite

Out of curiousity, Deathknight, how many ranks do you think Viper Venom needs to be worthwhile? I've been considering getting it, and I haven't because I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into with it.