Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Elite

Default Loner characters

I must have lost half a dozen loners already, but I feel I am getting the hang of it. So I am posting a snapshot of my current loner, pre- and post-buffs. Without a clan to support you, it's a whole different game, even if you adventure with others.

By the way, all of these buffs can be kept on most of the time, although the beast form's duration is annoyingly short.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Elite

The character above is still alive, but I rolled another loner, just to see how a different build compares to the Altered Beast. Turns out, not so well, but I'll try to keep them both alive, and see whether the Fallen Paladin catches up.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Champion

Judging by your resists and your armour values, it looks like your Altered Beast character has had much better item drops than your Fallen Angel.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Elite

The Altered Beast is still alive. The Fallen Angel died from a case of trying to defend her heartstone when she should not. I guess those good-mongering habits die hard.

As you may be able to notice, the Altered Beast equipment has lost a lot of its armor and resistance values, and as you probably cannot notice, it has gained in defense, experience multipliers and effect bonuses. Somethings else that needs to be pointed out is that he now regains health and mana as he tears into his victims.

Quite contrary to the way I was imagining him, he is very, very, MUCH TOO VERY careful not to anger any clans, so that they do not come and sneeze at its preeeecioooooous heartstone.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:07 AM
Elite

For a few days, I have been struggling to get an adventuring win in a tiny area, without letting any of the clans die. I just gave up, and killed all but two of them, to get a diplomatic one. My character went from level 14 at the beginning of the level 18 area, to level 35. At the end, enemies were having heart attacks as Altered Beast snarled at them, and he still could not knock off quests faster than the nine clans (including his) were generating them.

In any case, here's Altered beast at level 35. The equipment is not the best, because it's been gathered in a low level area.

453 quests solved in that area, and still 21 left after I killed six out of the eight clans. I had been struggling at getting them below 80 when all clans were alive, and failing.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 05-27-2016 at 04:11 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

I'm actually not quite sure why quests are still generating so fast when you get them low. I need to look into it again.
Patreon
Old 05-29-2016, 03:05 AM
Elite

Still not dead. And still trying to get an adventuring win with all clans alive. Down to 78 quests. Yay!