Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2016, 04:49 AM
Champion

Default Attackers eating all mana - Any trick?

I have a coordinated attack (not my town) where attackers all or most eat mana so I can't use any single skill.

As it's a coordinated attack, (now it's like 15 in a row) it's a huge problem because I can't kill fast enough.

Moreover it's very tedious to just click attack, common the game is boring if you can't use any skill constantly. :-(

Anyway I wondered if there wasn't any trick, it seems unavoidable and drink mana potion is pointless.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:42 AM
Champion

Well I load back and at replay didn't get it again.

Still it's a case I'd like see suggestions on how manage it. Those enemies, they was zombies elves with long range spell also eating mana, when met outdoor or in dungeon are manageable. And the mana eating isn't constant or at least during a short duration because their number is limited.

During a town attack and coordinated attacks involving managing flows, it's troubles to not have any mana during a long time.

I suppose that review the equipments just for the town defense was possible. Also I don't know if I could have tried just target portals and crash the mass after, I suspect it's cases where the game will re-spawn portals, but I applied this approach a few time with success (but not for a world level +5 like this one).
Old 11-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Elite

I feel you. There are so many problems with mana in this game, that you really have to have one of a few very specific mana supporting skills/passives to make mana based characters work. But before that, raids.

Raids in the game are so insane right now. To be honest, I'm not even sure if its bugged or not. I will frequently get like 8+ raids in a row with 3 portals always out at once, monsters instantly resapawning from portals when a monster is killed, and just absolutely madness plaguing my town.

The dark elves and shades are really big problems for mana based characters. Their mana burn is percent based and not flat, so there, so there is no way to ever outscale it. The only real counter is to have fast regeneration or kill them before they hit you.

I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but my most recent char was a Priest. Healer specifically has Prayer which gives passive mana + huge mana regeneration (that isn't reduced in combat!) which is absolutely amazing for casters. Late game, the passive mana from Prayer and Holy Shield give like 1.5k mana which is absolutely amazing for the mana shield trait and hard counters the Fragile difficulty mod late game.

You can also try Druid for Mana Regen or Trickster or Thief for their 50% in-combat mana regeneration. Alternatively, you can refresh worlds for vendors to constantly stock up on potions... though this method is a bit expensive and somewhat time consuming.

I'm currently trying out a priest warlock and, assuming I make it through the early-mid game (low survivability), I am thinking it may be one of the stronger late game classes. Prayer is just so good.
Old 11-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro* View Post
I feel you. There are so many problems with mana in this game, that you really have to have one of a few very specific mana supporting skills/passives to make mana based characters work. But before that, raids.

Raids in the game are so insane right now. To be honest, I'm not even sure if its bugged or not. I will frequently get like 8+ raids in a row with 3 portals always out at once, monsters instantly resapawning from portals when a monster is killed, and just absolutely madness plaguing my town.
So not clan raids but town attacks.

For me it's thrilling, sometimes, I had for a same town, chains of 15, 18 and 19 attacks lol. Got one or two NPC death in two of them, but at least one was because an evil god spawned when I was busy at another portal.

When defending another clan I got once 8 open portals at same time, but I had a chain of attacks on multiple clans and my clan, so I arrived late defend them, they had already something like 6 portals.

I won't complain, and I even feel it's a good feature, the only problem is the game doesn't control it much. The game should has invading waves as had Majesty. There's a countdown so you could eventually prepare, and when the countdown is finished, the areas of the world get invaded, generating multiple enemies as at start of a world but without the peace delay there's at start of a world, this could then create new massive towns attacks.

To spice up a bit the invasion mechanism, the player could has some special quests to build outposts to lower a bit the invasion.

Quote:
The dark elves and shades are really big problems for mana based characters. Their mana burn is percent based and not flat, so there, so there is no way to ever outscale it. The only real counter is to have fast regeneration or kill them before they hit you.
Well out of towns attack, I don't bother, it's ok. During towns attack it's a problem if there's no way to counter.

Quote:
I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but my most recent char was a Priest. Healer specifically has Prayer which gives passive mana + huge mana regeneration (that isn't reduced in combat!) which is absolutely amazing for casters. Late game, the passive mana from Prayer and Holy Shield give like 1.5k mana which is absolutely amazing for the mana shield trait and hard counters the Fragile difficulty mod late game.

You can also try Druid for Mana Regen or Trickster or Thief for their 50% in-combat mana regeneration. Alternatively, you can refresh worlds for vendors to constantly stock up on potions... though this method is a bit expensive and somewhat time consuming.

I'm currently trying out a priest warlock and, assuming I make it through the early-mid game (low survivability), I am thinking it may be one of the stronger late game classes. Prayer is just so good.
That's doesn't help me at all for my Demon Hunter. :-)

EDIT: If you just want get rid of those massive attacks on your town, beside killing very fast most quests targets, get 4 NPC summoner with just one or two low level summon (skeletons or better scree) and put them in guard at each door, past level 60/70 (or perhaps before for those with only one skill) they rule any town town attack, most will last just 2/3 seconds. Then you pay them their salary regularly through gift to keep high their happiness, sometimes it's not even useful. But I don't advise it, it makes the game less fun to do that. It's still a good trick keeping the fun to exploit it for one door.

Last edited by Viliki : 11-28-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Elite

Yeah, I meant town attacks, not clan attacks. M'bad.

"That's doesn't help me at all for my Demon Hunter. :-)"

rip ;o

Edit: Oh... just get the mana gain when hit mod on some gear. You can't use it with pain delay. But, if you're not using pain delay, it's perfect. I totally forgot about it because I pretty much always use Pain Delay. Hehe.

Last edited by Destro* : 11-28-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:33 AM
Champion

Mana on hit will work? I have doubts, the time to do next attack the few mana will disappear, but thanks I'll try.