Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2018, 10:45 PM
Champion

Default Level 100 Hardcore Character!

I hit level 100!: https://imgur.com/a/TCdG9E2

My videos discussing the game in more detail and my character:
(Part 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwAc...ature=youtu.be
(Part 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbH1716qkAU&t=3s

Thanks for the wonderful game Shadow! It felt a bit weird beating the game with almost all common gear that solely had combat experience on it (once I could even get pieces to drop). But, that's how things are *shrug*.

I can't wait to spend more time on different character combinations (naturally gonna check and potentially modify a few things like item drop rate). Also, I hope you add more difficulty modifiers in the future ^^! Can't wait for release.

Edit: A small revision to my video would be I am now realizing that bard auras don't stack based on character sheet data. And, sources of item find aren't multiplicative with each other (I guess that makes sense since it says "+" Item Find Chance). Kind of good to know, and yeah, a mistake on my part as I look into things more in-depth.

This is likely wrong based on steam discussion I'm having, I need to do further investigation:
Also, after some extensive testing and researching, I realize now why item drops and experience rates feel so bad. It seems to be the case that common, uncommon, rare and very rare monsters DO NOT naturally spawn. How I managed to not notice this is beyond me. But, yes, this is why item drops and experience rates are abysmal. And, the reason why is because you no longer use the worlds file anymore!!! And, that's where you normally set spawn rates for monsters. So, this is why common and uncommon monsters are so rare... because they don't exist! And also, why item drops and experience rates are abysmal.

Furthermore, the Find Items mode isn't working. To test, I killed a Unique5 monster while having 350% find items chance and it dropped exactly 4 items. Shouldn't it be virtually impossible to get 4 items with that much find items chance? It should be dropping at least 7 items (350 = 3.5 additional items or 4-6 * 350% = 14-21 depending on implementation). It may also be the case that item rarity doesn't work, but I'm not yet at a stage of testing to confirm or deny that yet and it didn't seem that it was during my playthrough.

Last edited by Destro* : 09-23-2018 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro* View Post
Also, I hope you add more difficulty modifiers in the future ^^!

Also, after some extensive testing and researching, I realize now why item drops and experience rates feel so bad. It seems to be the case that common, uncommon, rare and very rare monsters DO NOT naturally spawn. How I managed to not notice this is beyond me. But, yes, this is why item drops and experience rates are abysmal. And, the reason why is because you no longer use the worlds file anymore!!! And, that's where you normally set spawn rates for monsters. So, this is why common and uncommon monsters are so rare... because they don't exist! And also, why item drops and experience rates are abysmal.

Furthermore, the Find Items mode isn't working. To test, I killed a Unique5 monster while having 350% find items chance and it dropped exactly 4 items. Shouldn't it be virtually impossible to get 4 items with that much find items chance? It should be dropping at least 7 items (350 = 3.5 additional items or 4-6 * 350% = 14-21 depending on implementation). It may also be the case that item rarity doesn't work, but I'm not yet at a stage of testing to confirm or deny that yet and it didn't seem that it was during my playthrough.
I am planning on adding some kind of permanent type of option, basically whatever mutations you get you can't get rid of.

I'll have to look into it, but the game should be using the normal world stuff and thus should be spawning mid level monster rarities.

The find items stat only changes the basic change of dropping any items. Since Unique5 already has a 100% chance of dropping some items it won't change anything on them.
Patreon
Old 09-24-2018, 08:11 PM
Champion

Thank you Shadow for the response!

The permanent option seems very thematically correct for Din's Legacy. I like it!

For the second part in red, you probably don't need to do anything in that regard (I mean unless you want to of course). You may have seen my long as crap steam post and really... the spawn rates are probably working as intended.

I hope that on this upcoming weekend, when I can devote like 10+ hours to a single session, I'll get to look into some other reasons why I failed to get any decent loot. I will probably wind up doing a run to like level 50.

As for find items, I did not realize that that is how it worked! Thank you for the clarification!
Old 09-29-2018, 06:40 AM
Champion

I did it again. I got another another hardcore character to level 100! (This time without cheat Summon Chaos Warrior.... only cheat Teleport ) https://imgur.com/a/dJt9QIJ

The loot and experience was a lot better this time because I remembered to farm towns. The loot of monsters outside of towns is abysmal. And, with the new small rewards chests, there is pretty much no reason to not farm towns exclusively once you can decently kill them (and they are decently populated, like level 50+)

I started as druid with earthquake until around level 30 when I decided to switch to melee stuff since I got scavenger. I was also stacking basic hp (ofc). So, all of that combined with ye olde' bugged teleport made for an extremely effortless run. I felt no real challenge during the entire run and breezed through the entire game with ease and with fairly decent loot.

And by effortless, I mean that scavenger is so op that I was even using a white one-handed mace at one point (because I sold my 2-hander thinking I had a rare mace in my inventory) and I was still one-shotting everything in sight once I got a few buffs rolling.

Anyway, I'll probably be vanished until release rolls around when I'll play again.

Thanks again for the amazing game Shadow. It's been so long since I could stay up until 6 AM doing.. well.. anything. To me, its a sign that this game is truly captivating. It has a certain charm that I don't think any other game can capture. I genuinely love it.

Last edited by Destro* : 09-29-2018 at 07:03 AM.