Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > Din's Legacy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Champion

Default Simple Tweaks - Din's Legacy Mod

Simple Tweaks - Din's Legacy Mod

This mod is a very simple tweak mod for Din's Legacy that is shipped in a very modular format that lets you pick and choose which tweaks you want. The goal behind these tweaks is to provide balanced (aka not cheat-like) modular changes to improve gameplay to suit your needs. If you don't like a tweak, then simply delete the relevant 'gdb' file in the mod's downloaded zip file and its gone.

How to Install:

Download from:

https://mega.nz/#!sEtTSaCS!Wg-KLRK_D...pDNvRq9sYniyOQ

And, like all mods, install to:

[Your Steam Install Location]\Steam\steamapps\common\Din's Legacy\Expansions\Hardcore\Assets
For example, my install location is: A:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Din's Legacy\Expansions\Hardcore\Assets

Note: You can also put the file in some other locations if you prefer, but there is no difference between where it is put as far as I know as long as you get the file to load. And, the location above will do just that.

The Tweaks:

additionalItemModifiers.gdb:

Gives +1, + 2, +3, ... +n additional modifiers to items based on rarity. This scales all the way to +8 modifiers for Legendary items.

Note: This tweak is not recommended for use without LegendaryItems.gdb, as +8 affixes to vanilla legendary items is very overpowered.

alternateMonsterRarityColors.gdb:

Alternate color scheme for the name's of higher rarity monsters; ie: no longer all orange.

LegendaryItems.gdb:

Overrides all vanilla unique, set and legendary items with custom blank items that have no magic modifiers by default. It also adds a bunch of custom blank items to completely fill out the unique/artifact/legendary item curve from level 1 to 100.

Note: This tweak is not recommended for use without additionalItemModifiers.gdb, as 1 affix legendary items are very underpowered. The goal of this tweak is to greatly improve the quantity and diversity of unique/artifact and legendary items.

monsterRarityBoost.gdb:

An improved version of Zombasite More Mod spawning. Now, Demigods can spawn naturally and you will find more hazardous regions flooded with tough, high rarity foes. Beware of dungeons!
Purpose?: This mod adds fun and difficulty while disincentivizing farming clans purely for their higher experience gains and reward chests.

Note: It is recommended to use moreRequiredExperience.gdb with this mod to counter-act the higher experience granted by higher rarity monsters.

moreRequiredExperience.gdb:

Makes the curve for required experience to levelup substantially steeper. Good luck even reaching level 10!

tripleMonsterDamage.gdb:

For the masochist in you, experience pre-nerf monster damage... but doubled! This results in a total of 3x damage relative to the vanilla game.

Last edited by Destro* : 12-26-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Champion

I updated the mod. Monster spawn boost is fixed to apply to all areas (hopefully) as intended originally. Double damage, monster experience nerf and quest experience nerf have been added to 'improve' the play experience, depending on your tastes, haha.

I love the format of this mod way more than the 'Zombasite Mo Mod'. Modularity is fun.

Last edited by Destro* : 10-16-2018 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Champion

Hey all,

Just bumping as I updated the mod and this thread.

Now if you play with all of these tweaks, expect a much more difficult than normal gameplay experience.

edit: Stream over. Was fun. Lost my char and made another that played for 4 hours to get to level 10! LOL. So brutal. Had many good times too.

Last edited by Destro* : 12-26-2018 at 11:01 PM.