Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiarilir View Post
Adding to this, what if instead of crew taking up a "light spot" you can get different crew quarters light modules?

These could be different as well, with the ones giving a high crew limit bonus perhaps affecting the crews happiness negatively, or maybe reducing their bonuses (but allowing you to have more varied bonuses)?
I think crew quarters should fit into cargo bay slots.

With each tier getting more expensive and permitting one more crew member be placed into a single cargo bay slot.

So the tiny cargo bay may hold 4 items, but the tiny crew quarters would only hold one crewmember.

The small would hold six items, but the small crew quarters would hold two crew.

Or if that winds up ramping up too quickly, then they could skip levels. So tiny holds one crew, normal holds two. Skipping "small" entirely for the crew quarters module.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Expert

Any thoughts on this stuff Shadow?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Amateur

What is the effect of having a crew member with 100% happiness? I think a happier crew member should "perform better" (grant a slightly higher bonus at 100% happiness than at 50%). Or at the very least, should gain experience faster.

Crew members' experience bars should definitely be displayed.

I also belong to the camp which believes that crew members should not occupy a light component slot. Much better would be having "crew quarters" as has been suggested, which can house one or more crew members, and perhaps grant some kind of bonus (exp gain, happiness gain, etc).
Old 06-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Elite

He's been sending much of his time trying to read everything. I will ask him about this though.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
He's been sending much of his time trying to read everything. I will ask him about this though.
Not trying to be a pest, but I see this as an area that can improve the game a lot instead of having crew as a light component, there should be crew spot.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Expert

As your level increases you'll start to see crew becoming more and more valuable, justifying their usage of a slot completely. My "oldest" crew member gives me around +25 total in stat bonuses and he's going to continue growing, which is fantastic for a light slot. The only thing I'm hoping for is a payment shortcut like a right-click on the crew member since clicking that button and moving the mouse back and forth gets extremely tedious.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Not trying to be a pest, but I see this as an area that can improve the game a lot instead of having crew as a light component, there should be crew spot.

I believe he put it as light component for a reason. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Nonetheless, having crew quarter components that work like cargo bays would add more choice to the game, if penalties for having more space was implemented.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Expert

I think this is a great idea I haven't used any light components so far due to the space taken by crew members.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Expert

I think the idea of a crew quarter module is great.

Why not add a slot for crew quarters. In this you can place a "bag" for crew that holds only crew. Later on you can find/buy bigger crew quarters and have more guys with you.

That way it would be perfectly controllable while giving many opportunities.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Champion

I'd say have Crew Quarters be a medium component that can carry multiple crew members (half the size to a cargo module, so starting with 2 and moving up to 8 max?). However, crew quarters would have rapidly increasing power requirements, and the more crew you cram into crew quarters the quicker their happiness drains.

So you can have Crew as a light component on their own, and you don't have to deal with their happiness much, so they're cheap and effective. Or you can have multiple crew as part of a medium component that are more costly.