Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Din beta patch 1.016

Beta Patch 1.016 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch adjusts the balance some more, has a bunch of small fixes, and adds some better ways to outfit your townspeople with armor (expansion only).
Patreon
Old 01-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Champion

Thanks!

How long do you estimate until it's out of beta? Many things to do? Just curious, take your time
Old 01-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Champion

• now using Din's altar also heals pets

AWWW YEAH!!!! You have no idea how happy you made me with this. My army oh raised monsters would probably be too powerful if they could be healed at any old place in the dungeons, and I find this a fair trade off for managing their health.
Holiday Items, fun for at least 17.6 seconds: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3095
Old 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Champion

Great work as always! Cheers!
Old 01-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Matter View Post
How long do you estimate until it's out of beta? Many things to do? Just curious, take your time
I was hoping by the end of the month, but I have a large number of tax type things that need to be done by the end of the month also.
Patreon
Old 01-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Champion

What does the town lottery do? Everyone in town gets some money or a select few win?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Matter View Post
What does the town lottery do? Everyone in town gets some money or a select few win?
Basically every once in a while one NPC wins the lottery and gets all of the lottery money (which is essentially the money that Din has collected).
Patreon
Old 01-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Basically every once in a while one NPC wins the lottery and gets all of the lottery money (which is essentially the money that Din has collected).
Saw that happen a couple of times. It's a nice way to have the trickle down effect help out the poorer towns. I had less starving people in the poor town I was just in, and I'm sure the lottery helped.

I also love the donation feature. It was great to be able to do one stop donations through the equip screen. It was even nicer to see that the items the townspeople could wear were instantaneously equipped by them.

One additional tweak for this that would be nice (at least to me):
Feed back would be nice as to where the item goes and why it went there.

I noticed I couldn't donate a cursed item, but there wasn't any feedback about this.

I also forgot that mail items couldn't be worn by the NPCs. It was only after I donated some good-enough leather items that I saw the equipment change on the Warmaster and other NPCs.

For items that are clearly just helping the lottery, a message about the current pot amount of the lottery could be useful. If I notice the lottery pot is high, I might hold off on some items until I see the next lottery winner.

For items that are equippable, it would be useful to see who equipped the item, or if the item wound up in the town lottery because no one needed it.

The donate box is a great step in the right direction, and is now easy enough to use where I will gladly take the time to drop items into it.
Holiday Items, fun for at least 17.6 seconds: http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3095
Old 01-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyosborne View Post
I noticed I couldn't donate a cursed item, but there wasn't any feedback about this.
Sometimes the value is 0, so it's worth less than the other items I agree there should be better feedback about this and the lottery.