Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Champion

Default New world option suggestion

This might seem like a minor issue, but given the sizable XP debts that result (and the annoyance of multiplayer partners) I think its worth noting.

When you load your character, it asks you 'new world' or 'load existing'. 'New world' really means 'abandon current, take a penalty' and 'load existing' really means 'continue'. I don't think this is very clear, however I think there is a simple solution.

The default state should always be to continue the existing world; creating a new one is only used to abandon the current town. Thus, the choice popup is unnecessary, and a checkbox or 'abandon current town' button could be added to the character select screen. I think its important to change the language in this way - I believe the 'load existing' and 'create new' is a holdover from DoP. In DC, abandoning a town is serious business and not an option to be offered every time you load. When continuing, there should be no 'world select' step at all, and when generating a new world (due to checking the box or pressing the distinct 'abandon current town' button) there should be a popup outlining the penalty involved (and how many unfinished quests or other statistics).