Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Default Din beta patch 1.020

Beta Patch 1.020 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch has a lot more fixes and balance changes. We are now at the stage where we are consistently fixing more bugs than are getting reported.
Patreon

Last edited by Shadow : 02-08-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Amateur

I'm really impressed with how fast the fixes are. Do you have any plans for when after Demon War is all tidied up?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zab View Post
I'm really impressed with how fast the fixes are. Do you have any plans for when after Demon War is all tidied up?
Not really. Lots of possibilities, but nothing really set in stone yet.
Patreon
Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Expert

In the end I don't really care if the expansion is called beta or not makes no difference to me

amazing job Shadow! my only regret is that i can't profit from all this as much as I would like to because i am just submerged by work at the moment.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Not really. Lots of possibilities, but nothing really set in stone yet.
I vote for a very small patch for DoP in order to fix a few of the minor things that have been reported over the past year or so. I guess that this isn't the most remunerative use of your time, but perhaps it would be a quick job!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Amateur

This doesn't have to do with Din's Curse, (btw is an AWSOME game!) but, is it in any possibility that you could make like a multiplayer Expansion for DoP? That would be awsome.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheggs View Post
This doesn't have to do with Din's Curse, (btw is an AWSOME game!) but, is it in any possibility that you could make like a multiplayer Expansion for DoP? That would be awsome.
I wanted to when I originally added multiplayer into our codebase, but DoP is different enough that I don't think it's feasible to add in an expansion pack and would have to wait for a sequel.
Patreon
Old 02-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I wanted to when I originally added multiplayer into our codebase, but DoP is different enough that I don't think it's feasible to add in an expansion pack and would have to wait for a sequel.
Darn, that would be cool. But, I see what you mean. It seems like DoP has a too complicated AI, (meaning like, the members of other covenants) that It would be too hard to redo all of that even in a separate multiplayer mode.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheggs View Post
Darn, that would be cool. But, I see what you mean. It seems like DoP has a too complicated AI, (meaning like, the members of other covenants) that It would be too hard to redo all of that even in a separate multiplayer mode.
I think what Shadow means is that the code has diverged too much from DoP. Shadow's codebase started with DoP, then evolved to Kivi, and then again evolved into DC's codebase, as more and more features were added. Porting stuff like multiplayer, which was only added in Kivi, back to DoP, would probably really involve porting DoP to the new DC codebase, and that would take considerable effort and time.

Quite a bit more time would be needed to add the right amount of features to call it an expansion and to adjust multiplayer for the complicated situations of DoP (as you noted), and all of this work would need to be funded by the low price of an expansion, which has a smaller audience than a full game.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Champion

With Din's getting a lot of positive buzz, making a sequel or new game might be the best idea.