Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Zombasite > Zombasite
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2015, 03:19 PM
Elite

Default Clan members

Here are a few observations of mine about clan members, in the hopes we get a discussion going.

Some recruits are absolutely worthless, and others are pure gold. This in itself is not a problem, except that it is a bit strange to see 'mages' or 'priests' who do not have even a single combat ability. I'd suggest to either rename them 'commoners' or have every 'adventurer' class guaranteed one combat skill.

Some classes are really getting the short end of the stick. For example, priests with a sword and shield are a very common result of the current archetypes. So basically we have someone without the dexterity to use any weapon that isn't lower than one quarter of his level, and who gets terrible offense and defense. When they fail to roll a combat skill, as discussed above, they are a bit too much of a joke.

Some classes pick skills that are completely irrelevant for clan members. Transfer stamina into mana? Skills that trigger from conditions the clan member cannot ever make happen?

Some utility skills simply cannot keep their users accumulating experience to keep up with the rest of the clan. It seem that the cooking skills, for example, do not award experience at all, while other skills, like door making, do.

In my experience, bows and gates get made at a rate much higher than other items. Maybe their skills trigger more often? This could be me seeing patterns where there aren't any, of course.

Some skills barely trigger at all. I have five miners. In between the last six foraging expeditions, I have had exactly one gem made.

Last edited by Tuidjy : 11-13-2015 at 03:39 PM.