Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Expert

Default Issue with ending a sector

So after having played the game for a while and getting the hang of things I decided to start a new ship in a new sector. Feeling like normal size is too big I put the sector on small with three races.

It has been going great till recently. I got lots of quests, save up a lot of credits and made some friends. Then the Talon showed up. A few minutes later the three races were at war with them and not long after they showed as eliminated.

Then the three races got super cuddly so much so that they are all sitting at 100 relations with each other and all allied with each other. I figured it wouldn't last long, but hours of game time later they are still allied and I'm rapidly getting bored of killing the half my level monsters that inhabit space... When will they declare on each other? I would have thought by now, but despite trying to sow discord they still love each other.. Rather annoying :P
Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

This is a bug that I'm pretty sure I have fixed now for version 0.907.
Patreon
Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Expert

That is good to hear! Will I have to restart or will the patch fix a game in progress?
Old 07-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori View Post
That is good to hear! Will I have to restart or will the patch fix a game in progress?
In this case the patch should fix a game in progress just fine.
Patreon
Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Amateur

I played with my girlfriend today and we had an issue :

The last races where Brunt & Dryad. Allied together, of course.

So, we decided to declare war on Brunt, because they where weaker than Dryads, and we where allied with Dryads.

We destroy the Brunt, are allies of the Dryad and... well, nothing. We didn't win.
There's only the Dryad in the entire galaxy left, no other races, we are allied with them, but the game didn't considered we win.

Furthermore, some little things seems a little bit annoying with the "last race standing" (as I call it) victory condition that we have since .905 :

1. As people already mentioned it : It's a little bit odd when Drox Operatives must help one race to win, when they are supposed to be mercenaries with no allegiance to one race.

2. With the win condition being " Help one race to overcome the others ", the "Bring Diplomat/Gift quest" seems a little bit aimless. I mean, why would I help races improve their relations with each other if it's in my interest to see them being at war ?

3. In the same vein : Rumours to improve relations between races. It was all right when we were able to win by alliance with all the remaining races, with the need for them to be allied too. But now... it's the same problem as 2.

4. Another problem due to the "last race standing" win condition : Dryads are over-friendly. Having Dryads in the galaxy can be troublesome because they are making alliances fast with the last remaining race. It is worst if it's the Lithosoid, because they expend fast. In a big galaxy it's quiet impossible to erase them with a low level ship.

I had the problem recently, I had to abandon the sector.

4. Sometimes, ships in orbital defence, doesn't attack mobs near the planet.

5. Destroying ships from a race they are at war with doesn't improve our relation with the race we defended.

I hope it will help, keep on the good work Shadow
Old 07-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
In this case the patch should fix a game in progress just fine.
Hmm, so far it hasn't worked in the new patch. I've been playing for about half a hour and nothing so far... I'll keep trying though.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Expert

@Shadow:
Quote:
if only 2 races left alive, the other race is the desired war regardless of power
In Nori's Case there is an alliance with three participants. Maybe this mechanic doesn't work with 3 races left?
Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori View Post
Hmm, so far it hasn't worked in the new patch. I've been playing for about half a hour and nothing so far... I'll keep trying though.
Well it won't necessarily be fast, but it should somewhat steadily go down. Also now that that is true, you should be able to poison their relationship easier.
Patreon
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheet4h View Post
@Shadow:

In Nori's Case there is an alliance with three participants. Maybe this mechanic doesn't work with 3 races left?
That might be true. Some of the changes I added in will still work, but not all of them.
Patreon
Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Elite

Yeah, I just abandoned a 3 race sector for this reason.