Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril modding
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Amateur

Question Newbie modder NEED HELP

I would Like To make A Mod, The ones on the web site are way cool but i am
having alot of trouble with the other house's being way to powerful i can
no longer win the game.
i am using all warriors 40+(level)
max party mod
patch 1013(beta)Just installed Was on 1012
balancing mod
open difficulties
cloaks
i have alot of guys in my house 10+
BUT CAN ONLY RAID WITH A FEW 6-7 I THINK
AND THE COMPUTER HAS WAY TOO MANY TOO BEAT
this is still my first game i was able to beat a coulple of the houses when the other houses attack each other now i am stuck.
world is set on champ
computer is on average
level is on high (i'm level 50)
Old 10-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Amateur

If you want a bigger raid group, change the MaxRaidGroupSize in the systems.gdb file. Search for this part of the file shown below.

Code:
	// Group sizes

MaxRaidGroupSize	6
	MaxAdventureGroupSize	2
	MaxRecruits		5
-rjk
Old 10-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

You should be able to mod many things that will change this for you. It mostly just depends on what you want to change.

Like rjk2008 suggested you can change the MaxRaidGroupSize to something higher or you can change many different things in the covenants.gdb file to make covenants a bit weaker.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:31 AM
Amateur

Default Getting better

I figured out how to raise players stats strenght. etc...
I finally beat that last house after a fews hours of raiding.
i Been tryin' to make my own balance mod so far i found it very
time consuming but rewarding.
i can get my guys up to level 100 and have 1,000,000 skill points and start
off with 200 base points str. dex. int. etc...
and actually have the vendors pay me to trade items.
so i started a loner game with the mage and set his magic points all the way up to 200 a piece (poor mouse) it was cool to walk around press the button kill everyone in view and laugh it felt good after all the dieing and restarting and running away before i downloaded the mods.
i want to try and edit the attibute points you get for each level up you only get 5 per level up

so far no luck finding that one.
i use winzip to open then edit with it. (assets 01, 03)for atttributes
and i change the trading to vendors (get paid to buy then sell potions for more then bought for) change xp debt etc... with the balance mod from website.
I would also like to Make some music for the background (btw i am a audio techie and computer tech) well change the music and have that loop in the background change the mood don't worry be happy music type stuff, maybe a hurtin loop everytime you die etc...i write music as a hobby and fix computers so i can write with them i used to be in production at a local radio station so i know my stuff.
does this sound like something that could be done then shared with everyone
here at the site?

*I will Make A balance mod for 1013.
will make it abit easier to gain xp etc....
but not too much just enough to make the game a little more fair at the higher levels, i found it very hard to make it anywhere without making a run for it and placing a gate every so often, maybe figure out how to increase the attrbutes so you can create a better warrior , rogue etc... maybe then the loner game would be abit more fun and maybe possible to win at the higher settings.

this could be a newbie mod or something.
as for the music part i would need help modding it.
i will try a few things and post progress here.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicketness View Post
i want to try and edit the attibute points you get for each level up you only get 5 per level up

so far no luck finding that one.
Assets003.zip
/Database/classes.gdb
Code:
BaseClass

{
	AttributePointsPerLevel	5

}
found it.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Amateur

I haven't had any luck with changing the attribute points gained per level. If you can get it to work could you post what you did? Thanks.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:10 AM
Champion

Your right, that doesn't work, must be hard coded.

You could always make it so each point spent has double the effect, I think that's about as close to double points as you can get
Old 10-15-2008, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

It is hardcoded right now. I'll have to change that in the next patch.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Amateur

Default Having fun with music

well i figured out the music part so far i have written only on the loop files
which are about 4-59 seconds long in assets 2 enviroment etc...
i enjoy this kind of stuff and i have already made some sound inprovements
like replacing birds loops, wind, i have alot of high quality sounds off of a mic or royalty free, i have done this kind of stuff before and for 1 thing it really adds mood to the game and a desire to keep playing i think i am going to spend some major time redoing the background loops etc...
i love great sound no distortion etc...if it is not good it bugs me and i use high end head phones right now i have white panasonic RP-HTX7
I COULD HAVE GOT SONY BUT THEY WHERE ABOUT $45 MORE AND THESE PANASONICS HAVE A BETTER SOUND RANGE, UNLESS YOU SPEND $300-$400
WHICH I DID ONCE I MISS THOSE HEADPHONES
ANYWAY I COULD USE SOME HELP WITH THE LOOP FILES FOR THE MUSICDON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CODE AND STUFF.
So I need someone to write some music files in to the game maybe 2-5 seconds long any sound will do 'cause i am gonna change it anyway,
something i can download and write with.
1)e.g. low desert music.ogg
right now I am only writting or mixing in my music in with (cave_loop.ogg)etc...
so there is no control over how loud the music is just with the sound fx volume.
ok will someone help me?
i imagene that the file could be in a future patch but right now i could be done the first cut in 1-2 days i already have music in the game, but i want write custom music for each area to set the mood and make things more alive
in the game as u all know music can really set the mood of the look of things etc...
right now i am only using cool edit pro 2.0 and sound forge 8.0 and various sound tools and loopers to demo music in the game if i can get some help maybe i will fire up the studio i have access to 2 studios but they cost money
since i am their techie i get major discounts and if i can make things sound good with these programs i can rewrite music in the real world and use these sound files as a guide, doing that is a lot of fun as music tends to evole when you have co-op. for now i will write to this site post progress here and look for info from you people + support.
Wicketness...
Old 10-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Amateur

Default Depths of peril is going halloween

This is fun and i must say i am totally getting in to this modding.
I finished the caves music and new wind noise i have also added new music but i need to balance the levels i should have something uploaded in about a week i am gonna make a dark\light music mod and it is going really well.
this could be a new thing for me, i have been writting music for years now
and i didn't know i could write music that could fit into a game so well,
the mood of music is halloween style for the caves and dungeons and is gonna be in stereo for better effect which means bigger files.

The rest i am still trying to figure out a mood for not happy happy joy joy for sure, maybe desprite metal type, guitar is a must anyways, it will be cool when i am finished. any thoughts???

i need to figure out how to upload the files, i am on a dial up connection right now but i will be at a high speed connection in a week so far this is the most fun i have had with a game in years, so far the forest music etc... is
uplifting but i wanna make it more darkness into the light kinda feel.

the caves music is perfect and i will upload the file by itself so you peeps can
see what i am doing and maybe make a few suggestions it is only 1.91mb
i will do that now and see if it works, Shadow or someone will have to add it to assests 2 file and zip it back up so it can be in the game i would upload the whole thing but that would take till next year on dial up
from the looks of it the file might be too big someone will have figure another way to do it i am not very good at this uploading stuff, maybe i could send it to an e-mail or something?
i don't wanna shrink it anymore cause the quailty would be the pits.
i think i should upload the files by them selves it would be easier.
i'll try to e-mail it to myself and see how that works. when i have figured this out i'll send it to someone to put in a mod file.
i never use my e-mail so this is the best place to make a response.
wicketness....