Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > News > News/Blog comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Elite

Default Friday Five

1. I woke up an hour before the alarm, thinking about how I want to edit my novel, Vampire Planet (after I write it!) and I felt happy. A good sign.

2. After I cleaned up 3x3 ft. trampled poop and washed dog #1ís bedding, she came back inside, drank some water, walked over to her bedding and threw up. <sarcasm> Yay! </sarcasm>

3. This week has been fairly busy which usually bothers me. Planning D&D for Saturday has distracted me. Iím actually looking forward to playing D&D with Steven and my kids MORE than Thanksgiving! In fact, Thanksgiving is barely on my radar.

4. Iíve added cottage cheese to my diet to get more protein and not have so many non-hungry cravings. The only way I like it so far is with spaghetti sauce. You know, like in lasagna?

5. Last night at a kid thing, I told another mom "Sewing is hard. Iím bad at it, but I can crochet! I learned from videos on the internet." She replied, "Crocheting is hard! Sewing is easy. You just need more practice." BTW, I learned to crochet so I can make stuffed animals called amigurumi.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Elite

Two things to try to make cottage cheese taste good:

Depending on my mood, I will sprinkle

Dill weed

or

Cinnamon.

Both taste great and make it taste just fine plain.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:39 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
You know, like in lasagna?
<drools> Mmmmm....lasagna.....

You could conceivingly put just about anything into lasagna and it would still taste good, though...
Old 12-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by torikamal View Post
Two things to try to make cottage cheese taste good:

Depending on my mood, I will sprinkle

Dill weed

or

Cinnamon.

Both taste great and make it taste just fine plain.
I will try the cinnamon, but I'm not sure anything will get me to like it cold. Maybe warm with cinnamon?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Elite

Default 06 Feb 09

1. My mood has been crazy this week. Low lows and high highs. Strange things are happening... which I shouldn't really talk about publicly (yeah, you know!) and it's stressing. Overall, it won't matter much. I just don't have any researves to deal with stress. :-(

2. I decided to diet for real before my weight crossed 200 lbs (though I still look chubby-ish and not fat imo). I hit a wall this week and am having trouble staying motivated with the extra stress-compulsions to eat. Not even my beloved protein is helping. :-/

3. The economy is effecting the publishing industry (so I've read) and pulishers are taking fewer new writers. Though this was worrisome at first, I've decided that I have to make Vampire Planet just that much better. I think I need to take the time for an extra draft to pump up the suspense and emotion, which pushes me over my goal to get it sold before 2010. Still, it'll be through the third (of four) draft by then. :-)

4. I'm preparing to move my desk into the kitchen. I think I'll get a lot more done if I have the option of working past 3 PM when the kids get home. :-)

5. In some ways my life is very satisfying. I love writing the Fantastical Creature Reality Show even if maybe only five of you guys actually read it. But it never feels like I can have my cake and eat it too, like I'm satisfied in all aspects. I try to remind myself about how blessed I am. I have my health, my family is healthy, we have electricy, hot water and a toilet in our home (saw on PBS Wide Angle that lots of people in China don't have toilets in their tiny homes). If I put it in a scale between 1-10, my satisfaction level is... I don't know. 5 I guess. In some ways it's 8 but in others it's 2, so 5 is a good number.

That's my five. :-)
Old 02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Champion

1. Well, a teachers strike occurred yesterday so classes resume 10:30 am. I don't know if I'll be happy because classes are somewhat late or sad because there is still school.

2. Upon arriving at school yesterday, all my friends are not in there. I thought well they might be in the local computer cafe. My mind tells me to cut classes and go home early but my conscience tells me to stay at school. Well, my mind won and I went home early (About 10:37 a.m )

3. I went home early. It is the worst walking day! I didn't catch the bus because I'm in my school uniform and the bus driver or the police might catch me cutting school. I walked a grueling 6 kilometers ( I'm kinda used to it because I do it everyday for the sake of fitness and endurance training for endurance races) but the bad thing is, I must walk under a scorching 45* Celsius of burning, cloudless sky.

4. I changed clothes and went to the mall where the computer cafe is located to search for my friends there. Upon opening of the sliding door, I walked slowly and then scoped the cafe..... THEY ARE NOT THERE!.. Oh God.. I'm toast.. I cut classes and walked big time just to go somewhere where there is no SOMETHING. Well, despite the sad moment, I just surfed the net, payed a "not-worth it" 3 bucks for 1 hour. The surfing is not so fun because my pals are not there.

5. An hour has passed. I went to the bus station immediately. While I was a few meters far from the bus station I need to go, I already saw my bus catching passengers. Well, because I'm so stupid, I walked all the way to there. When I was near the bus, the bus suddenly closed its doors and roved away from me. I banged the door but the stupid driver said no more?! I punched the sides of the bus and F-worded the bus while doing the bad finger. All the people at the station looked at me. I felt shy after my anger resided. I had to wait 1 hour for another bus. Upon arriving at my house, I just watched movies at my P.C. Then, 3 hours have passed.. My sisters from of which I had the same school with, said my friends did arrived at school!!!!!!! I thought they cut classes too but NOT!! They are just late!! They arrived 10:40 or something. I regret cutting classes because of that.

Well, anyways that's my Friday 02/06/09

Last edited by Silent_Tales : 02-07-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Elite

Silent Tales - That's actually kind of funny.

I hope you didn't miss anything important.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delilah Rehm View Post
Silent Tales - That's actually kind of funny.

I hope you didn't miss anything important.
Well, I hope they didn't do any quizzes or activities at school. If that is so, I'll be so busted for a bad grade. I'm also expecting a question from the teachers on Monday namely the "Why are you absent last Friday? Where have you been?" question.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Elite

Default 15 May 09

1. I've started making fruit smoothies for breakfast, kind of off a CROM (calorie restriction for optimal nutrition) recipe: 2 cold bananas, 9 frozen strawberries, 9 other frozen fruit (raspberry, cherry, blackberry), 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup raspberry passion light (cold) soda by minute maid (this is half the can), and half a cup of crushed ice in cold water. Soooo good! I don't like yogurt so I didn't know if I'd like it but I really did. Everyone here loves it.

2. After no more than 60 uses in 10 years, our blender broke! It was either get a $50 replacement part or buy a new blender for $50. We got the new one. I'm hoping it's built better than the old one.

3. I'm working on the first draft of Vampire Planet everyday! And yes, I'll still finish the reality show and the novelette that will come out in a Depths of Peril anthology. I'm five scenes away form being to the middle of the first draft! *yay* I should have the first draft done by the end of June.

4. I loved the new Star Trek movie! After hearing so many positive things about it, Steven and I decided to see it in the theater. I can't wait to see where they go from here with the new cast.

5. Alan Dean Foster is a brilliant writer! I read one of his books a few years ago (Nor Crystal Tears - excellent), and another one recently (For Love of Mother-Not - fun adventure)... where I was impressed he hooked me completely by page two!!! Now I must read more of his work. He has lots of books.

There goes another Friday Five.