Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 01:57 AM
Elite

Default Numeric keypad

This is a feature request, rather than a bug. Can you make it so the numeric keypad works? It would really help us left-handed-mouse users.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

This isn't probably what you want exactly, but you should be able to change the key setup to use the numpad numbers instead of the normal numbers. Just go into Options/Configure Input and then change all of the Use Slots to the numpad numbers.
Patreon
Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Elite

Default Numeric keypad

It wasn't, but it's certainly a quicker fix than waiting for a patch to be released. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Elite

Hmm. The catch with doing it that way is that it's really hard to tell which key to press. With the default, it just says 0 or 1 or 2, etc. With it changed like that it says
Numpad 0
----Numpad 1
--------Numpad 2

except they're overwriting each other, rather than going down a line, so it's just a jumble of letters.
It will do for a temporary fix, but a patch would be nice.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Hmm. The catch with doing it that way is that it's really hard to tell which key to press. With the default, it just says 0 or 1 or 2, etc. With it changed like that it says
Numpad 0
----Numpad 1
--------Numpad 2

except they're overwriting each other, rather than going down a line, so it's just a jumble of letters.
It will do for a temporary fix, but a patch would be nice.
Actually it's pretty easy to fix this by just editing a few lines in the keyNames.loc file. It's fairly obvious if you take a peek - the file can be opened and edited with a simple text editor like Notepad.

In case you are uncomfortable doing that yourself, I've attatched a modified version of the file that you can just replace the original one with. (Back up the original file first, of course). I've had to zip the file in order to post it.

Note that you'll need to remap your keys after editing or replacing keyNames.loc (or at least I had to when I tested), but after that you'll be good to go.

Assuming you're on a PC, the file goes into Loc\English directory in the assets003.zip archive; which is found in Depths of Peril\Assets. If you're a Mac user, I'm sure someone else here can help you out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip keyNames.zip (994 Bytes, 1 views)

Last edited by Kruztee : 12-16-2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: for clarity