Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.927

Beta Patch 0.927 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch mostly just fixes a few issues introduced by the last patch.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Champion

Minor bug (this has been around for a while): If you have 2 or more cargo bays in your stash and you put a tiny one in the bottom right corner, when you "Open All" of them, you cannot close the last tiny cargo bay using the X. Other sized cargo bays in the same spot close fine.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
Minor bug (this has been around for a while): If you have 2 or more cargo bays in your stash and you put a tiny one in the bottom right corner, when you "Open All" of them, you cannot close the last tiny cargo bay using the X. Other sized cargo bays in the same spot close fine.
Thanks! Fixed - in next patch.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Amateur

Is this supposed to happen? (i.e. a levelling crew gets 0 bonuses).

Happened in .925

Old 10-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Champion

I hit a Tachyon storm... holy crap 400 speed is INSANE! (= Also: lines of mines! Mine lines!

Suggestion: Can you make the appropriate difficulty level the default for your ship on the Create New Sector screen? It can be easy to just hit Create New Sector with it still on Normal even though you're over level 25, because it doesn't default to Expert. I can't imagine why you'd want a severely underleveled system in any normal gameplay situation. I'd imagine this may also be confusing for users when they start a sector with a level 25+ ship for the first time. (Yes, I know you may want to go back to get level-appropriate components for stats you haven't raised, but that's an exception, not the rule. (= )

Bug: I have a level 35 ship, and I went back to play through the first quadrant challenges, which I hadn't done yet. I finished the fourth challenge, and created a new sector on Normal accidentally instead of clicking on Challenges again. Aside from the sector being underleveled (see above), I exited back to the title screen, went to Play, selected my ship and went to "Create New Sector (Abandon Old)" then to the Challenges screen -- and the challenges had reset; only the first one available. Not sure what happened here. I can send a save if that's helpful. (I dont' care about the challenges being reset, no need to try to recover them or anything.)

Suggestion: For the challenges, can you make it optionally scale up (but never down) to your level? A checkbox or something on the Challenge screen? Unless you hit the challenges just right in between your sectors, you're overleveled and they're not... challenging (or you're underleveled and it's too hard). (=

Clarification: In light of the new Tachyon storms, the hover over Max Speed in the Character panel should say "Note: the highest speed possible is 200 (under normal circumstances)." or something to that effect.

Bug: If you highlight an active quest in the quest screen, then close that screen and solve that quest, when you open the quest screen again, the now-empty former quest row is still highlighted (which is way more obvious with the new row highlighting).

This is also a problem with the existing scroll bug on the quests screen; if the first quest row is empty and you use the mousewheel to scroll either direction, it highlights the first row. (This scroll issue is present in Din's Curse as well.) Ideally scrolling with the mousewheel would a) work and b) switch between active quest rows, skipping over empty rows.

Minor bug: You made the not-active right click slots smaller, which isn't a bad idea; however, a) I think the 2 inactive slots should be the same size instead of 2 different sizes, and more importantly b) the smallest square in particular doesn't currently look good with the text over the consumables, which is not resized (particluarly when you have a level 8 consumable in there, it goes outside the box; see: http://www.scrobot.com/drox/drox_con...t_too_wide.jpg ).

If "VIII" is as long as it can be, then using the middle size box would work; however if it stays consistent at a new consumable level every 5 player levels, then you could end up with XVIII which is considerably longer. Perhaps you could scale the text down for the smaller boxes instead?

Suggestion: I'm not a fan of the giant green active arrow on the quests screen. I like the idea, I just don't like that graphic; it's way too tall (it doesn't need to take up the entire row height) and the "opening" angle is too wide (too obtuse).

Minor bug/annoyance: The status text which shows up in the middle of the screen for quests where you have to kill or collect X number of somethings lines up right over the text in the incoming race message window; this is especially annoying when you are attacking a race and either your ally or the race being attacked pops a message up, but you can't read it for a few seconds until the "x ships left to destroy" message fades out. Maybe just scoot that message up a line height or two worth of space? Or have it disappear immediately upon opening a separate screen?

Suggestion: Very low priority, but would it be possible to make the Achievements screen accessible in-game? From the Journal screen maybe? Or the main options menu that pops up when you hit escape?

Suggestions: Can you add a "Default Settings" button on the Message Options screen?

How about a few different text size options in the Message Options screen? Maybe just Smaller, Normal and Larger options? I'd definitely like to bump mine down a little bit if it were possible.

How about a translucency slider for the background? Personally, I'd like the text and box background to be translucent unless I moused over the message box area itself. Sometimes a bunch of stuff hits at once and I have to manually go over there and click the down arrow a bunch to get rid of half a screen's worth of distracting messages, which wouldn't be quite so distracting if the text were as transparent as the box background already is.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrin View Post
Is this supposed to happen? (i.e. a levelling crew gets 0 bonuses).

Happened in .925

It doesn't end there. When they're capped at 100 happiness, they sometimes level up with NADA D:

SadSedlex.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Amateur

The only problem being; Dryads aren't a race in this universe, nor have they ever been.

Apparently Talon Colony ships leave these corpses
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Champion

Bug: If I right click on the border of the right click slots (not the buttons but the border graphic), it installs what is in the first slot of my fourth cargo bay (the upper most left item of the uppermost displayed cargo bay) into the second light slot. I have crew in both of those slots.

This is much more clear (= http://www.scrobot.com/drox/drox_bug...ick_border.jpg
Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
Bug: If you highlight an active quest in the quest screen, then close that screen and solve that quest, when you open the quest screen again, the now-empty former quest row is still highlighted (which is way more obvious with the new row highlighting).
FYI you can also do this by declining an active quest.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Amateur

Relationship # has ceased calc'ing in a new universe.

I have 72.5 with the Hive, non-aggression, not going for mutual (bad experience last game visa vie being dragged into an un-winnable war) - no matter what I do (quests, protect planets, gifts, whatever), it refuses to budge.

i.e. I have 72.5. I complete a mission giving +2.3 relationship; I remain on 72.5

[Edit]

So... if I go into a mutual protection pact, I can raise influence.

So, is influence capped to your diplomatic standing? If so, please change the tool tip, it currently states 72.5 (max 100).

[Bug]

The new storms appear at random - and can appear by AI planets, killing them. There's nothing that a player can do about this, and they quite often kill off planets you're defending etc.

Suggestion - either have a mission based on this (timed, bring a component) or have them ignore the damage based ones? Atm it's rather... arbitrary.

Last edited by Katrin : 10-20-2012 at 03:36 PM.