Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Thanks MaximB. I will talk to Tapio.
Also, please don't forget to port your other games : Depths of Peril and Kivi's Underworld, I think that porting all 3 games (which uses similar engines from what I understand) should be easy.
Like igios ported Shadowgrounds AND Shadowgrounds Survivor at the same time.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:16 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Thanks MaximB. I will talk to Tapio.
If you're not well along on that discussion with them, I'd love to have a chat with you about helping out on a Linux version. I've got several titles to my name, I do Linux systems development as a day job (On Central at Collins, yes, I am in the metro area...), and I think I might be able to help out.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:16 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
If you're not well along on that discussion with them, I'd love to have a chat with you about helping out on a Linux version. I've got several titles to my name, I do Linux systems development as a day job (On Central at Collins, yes, I am in the metro area...), and I think I might be able to help out.
I'm happy that you finally got here Frank Earl .
I hope you would port the "Soldak Series"
I'm sure that it shouldn't be too hard.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximB View Post
I'm happy that you finally got here Frank Earl .
The holidays had a bit to do with that part. Things are just beginning to slow a bit for me finally.

Quote:
I hope you would port the "Soldak Series"
I'm sure that it shouldn't be too hard.
That's for the good folks at Soldak to determine. Based on the runs I've maide with the DoP and Kivi's Underworld demo, I'm guessing that it's straightforward code in there- but they DO have some problematic rendering issues within WINE, so I would rather see a native version of those and Din's Curse for Linux.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartalf View Post
The holidays had a bit to do with that part. Things are just beginning to slow a bit for me finally.

That's for the good folks at Soldak to determine. Based on the runs I've maide with the DoP and Kivi's Underworld demo, I'm guessing that it's straightforward code in there- but they DO have some problematic rendering issues within WINE, so I would rather see a native version of those and Din's Curse for Linux.
BTW except Caster, what games have you ported yourself ? (not with LGP)
What games are you porting right now ?
And what is the status of Bandits: Phoenix Rising and Disciples 2: Dark Prophecy ? (dunno if you know about Disciples 2, but it seems that none really knows the status of this game, even not Michael ).

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Amateur

Quote:
BTW except Caster, what games have you ported yourself ? (not with LGP)
Only Caster's with regards to that question. Everything else published has been LGP. Several unpublished works (Mostly waiting for LGP to decide to publish- or were "cut bait" type stories, including an X86_64 port of Soul Ride that wasn't worth it based on returns on the title...).

Quote:
What games are you porting right now ?
Cortex Command.
Caster (ARM/OpenGLES port of Linux version for BeagleBoard, Pandora, Droid, etc...)
Caster 2 release for Linux version.
All of the Myth Franchise from Bungee (Starting soon...)

Right now, I'm waiting to hear back from Paradox on EU2/HoI2/HoI3/etc. For that one, if they green-light me, I'll have a few people I can reasonably rely upon to assist in hand for that as there's more than enough work for many on that deal.

Some of these will actually start later in the year or are as I find time doing them (i.e. the Myth Franchise stuff. This is a fan of the franchise pitching his hat in with the bunch doing the Windows/MacOS versions of Classic Myth I&II and Myth III with permission from TakeTwo...)

Quote:
And what is the status of Bandits: Phoenix Rising and Disciples 2: Dark Prophecy ? (dunno if you know about Disciples 2, but it seems that none really knows the status of this game, even not Michael ).
Heh... I can't go into MUCH details on things under NDA (and those ARE, sadly there...) but I can tell you that Bandits was more waiting for the green-light on pressing it. There was one last bug but it was with the beta's bundling itself. Pretty much everything else was ready to the best of my knowledge. Disciples 2...heh...I can't discuss titles I don't have direct involvement with...sorry.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Amateur

Thanks for the deep replay.

I thought you where already started doing the EU2/HoI2/HoI3/etc.. stuff long time ago.

As you may know I'm the editor of the Linux Gaming News Blog here : http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com , so I hope you don't mind adding some stuff from this thread to the upcoming section : http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/list-o...u-linux-games/

I love good news.
Also I would be glad if you could contact me directly (via email) : mb2love [at] gmail {dot} com , so I could ask for an interview with you (I remember sending you a few emails before but got no replay from you).

Thanks
Maxim.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:46 AM
Amateur

Hello,

just chiming in related to this Linux client thread, I'm playing RPG games for over 15 years now. I'm a long time Linux user as well. Nowadays I rarely buy games, I have little time to spare for them. But when I hear that a good RPG will have a Linux client I always get excited and buy it. I bought the whole NWN1 series and Eschalon too, and Penumbra Series too (tho' its not RPG), knowing that it supports Linux natively without the headaches of wine. Linux is barely covered with commercial RPGs, so it's a good share of market imho good games being a rarity in that genre.

This game just looks fun as far as the description and screenshots on the site lets me see it. If it would be supported on Linux you could count me as a buyer.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Amateur

Quote:
I thought you where already started doing the EU2/HoI2/HoI3/etc.. stuff long time ago.
We (or rather RobbieAB over in Phoronix...I was going to third-party through him on that...) had the NDA actioned and then they kind of let it slip. We're going to resubmit the thing to them once I've got a bit more time- hopefully to fill one of my end of year, beginning of next slots. Myth's still on, but it's delayed a bit with the team discussing something of import with Take2 and one of the key people being tied up with personal life stuff (I'm familiar with that experience...last year was...un-fun for reasons I won't go into here... )

Quote:
As you may know I'm the editor of the Linux Gaming News Blog here : http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com , so I hope you don't mind adding some stuff from this thread to the upcoming section : http://lgn.linux-hardcore.com/list-o...u-linux-games/
Not at all.

Quote:
I love good news.
I love good news- either getting it or making it. Both's even better.

Quote:
Also I would be glad if you could contact me directly (via email) : mb2love [at] gmail {dot} com , so I could ask for an interview with you (I remember sending you a few emails before but got no replay from you).
I will there. Sorry about not responding to you there on those emails... I think you sent them during part of that "un-fun" period.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Amateur

I signed up just to say that you can count me as a customer if a native linux client is released for this game. I am eager to support game developers who provide native linux clients, and I'm sure many others are too. There are so few games made for linux that we _have_ to be supportive.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.