Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Kivi's Underworld > Kivi's Underworld game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Legend

It crashes right when i double-click the program on the desktop. If that helps.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Ok. If you are running Vista, it could be a DEP issue. Look at the manual and follow the instructions in the troubleshooting section.

It's also possible, although hopefully not the case, that your save stuff has been corrupted somehow. You could temporarily move everything out of your User/chars directory and then see if the game loads correctly.

If neither of those works and you haven't already tried this you could uninstall, make sure nothing is left, and then reinstall the game.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Legend

That's the thing, the game was reinstalled when this all happened. Because I wasn't sure why it stopped working a while ago, i uninstalled it like 4 months ago. Now when i reinstalled it that was when this all started going down like last time.

To be frankly honest, I would like to play the game, but i've really tried everything in the manual. I changed the dep to make it not affect kivi.

The only other way that i haven't been able to figure out is how to disable the ati tray tool or whatever it is called. In the manual it states that if you turn off the ati tray tool which is some kind of program on your computer, it should make the game run if it doesn't start in the beginning. However, I would do this, but I have no idea where to start or even what is an ATI Tray Tool.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Did you try moving everything out of User/chars? An uninstall/reinstall won't do this for you.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Legend

i did, but the only thing was that there was nothing in there to begin with. So i guess it almost has to be the ati tray tool. So how would one go about disabling it like it says to do in the manual?
Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

If you are playing under Vista the real User/chars stuff gets hidden in VirtualStore land so it might not be empty. Should be something like C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Kivi's Underworld\User\chars

I don't seem to have that option with my ATI card, but here's some instructions I found:

Right click on the tray icon to bring the menu up. Select 'Tools and Options' and then 'On-Screen Display'. Make sure 'Enable OnScreen Display' is off and/or 'Hide' in FPS meter section is on.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Legend

I did as you said and deleted the files in user. Still didn't work. I got lost with the tools and options part however.

I think that this game just isn't going to work no matter what....I appreciate the help though.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 AM
Legend

Finally......I figured it out. I downloaded the multiplayer version of the game and it worked fine. I dont know why it took that to make the game work but now it will only play kivis underworld expansion.

I'm glad that the game works though, i would have been very annoyed if it didn't. I guess the only thing that i can say is that in some cases the multiplayer version of the game is more updated therefore it has a greater probability of working.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm, that's strange. The multiplayer expansion is newer than the Kivi base game so it's possible that it fixed something. Although most things that I fixed that weren't multiplayer related I ported back to the base game.

I'm really glad that you got it working though.