Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.928

Beta Patch 0.928 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch has a few balance changes, some useful UI tweaks, and a bunch of fixes.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Champion

The Protect Planet quests are still terrible. (= I've watched the timer jump around, eventually get down to 10 seconds then suddenly jump to over 2 hours. I just spent about 10 minutes waiting for the planet to build a ship after colonizing, not selling anything to the planet but buying consumables, identifying and repairing to pump in some cash, with no result. I try to keep enemies away, or I try to let enemies get one shot on the planet first (which has, in the past, sometimes jump started them into building a ship), neither made them build a ship any faster. Finally a random electrical storm popped up and destroyed the planet.

I would assume the first priority on a new colony would be planet protection, I don't know why it takes so long (and the timer jumps around so dramatically). Plus, the small area you need to be in to complete the quest is annoying; I've been fighting enemies like 1 screen away when a ship has gotten built in the past and the quest gets obsoleted. The area restriction would be fine if it didn't take forever for the ship to actually get built (and the timer was actually accurate).
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrObot View Post
The Protect Planet quests are still terrible. (= I've watched the timer jump around, eventually get down to 10 seconds then suddenly jump to over 2 hours.
Not to mention these estimates seem to be complete bogus. The timer jumps to 30 minutes, and I'm thinking "Well, that's ample time to solve some other quests in this system..." ,
and guess what happened only a few seconds after my ship left the general vicinity of the planet in question? That's right- ship built, quest obsolete.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Champion

Thanks for getting my suggestion in, it's something I've been looking to have for about a couple of months now!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstein View Post
Thanks for getting my suggestion in, it's something I've been looking to have for about a couple of months now!
Yes, that's a very nice feature. Great suggestion.

Last edited by PixelLord : 10-26-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

I have a few more ideas on how to make the protect quests go a little smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstein View Post
Yeah, sometimes it takes a while for me to get to things.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Expert

Quest items keep dropping for quests which are failed due to planet destruction.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Elite

It seems the problems with "Make system safer" quests I reported earlier have been solved in 0.928 .

Edit : Not related to the above, but I just noticed the console saying "Trying to reference a userVar before it has been set up!" twice
after "Database parsed" when it's called up on the main menu (and possibly elsewhere in the game, too). I think that's new.

Last edited by Valgor : 10-27-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Elite

- A terraforming quest (third stage of a terraforming project; swamp planet to terran planet) had no rewards listed under its completion message.

- A particular piece of technology (IRCM jammer mark I) was listed twice under tradeable technologies.
I don't know exactly how this happened, but my guess would be the same piece of technology dropping twice on two separate occasions, with a Save&Quit inbetween.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TerraformNoReward.jpg (44.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DoubleTechnology.jpg (9.1 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Valgor : 11-02-2012 at 10:02 AM.