Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Kivi's Underworld  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Old > Drox Operative BETA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default Drox beta patch 0.929

Beta Patch 0.929 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page. Changes can be read here. This patch adds Bounty Hunters, fixes some higher level quests not showing up correctly, and as usual fixes a bunch of small things.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Elite

A race (in this case, the Dryad) wants to trade for a technology (green plus sign appears on the race relations screen) they already have (since I sold it to them previously),
but don't actually offer anything in return when queried. The technology in question (Fighter bay mark III) keeps turning up for further trading with that race, regardless of how many times
it's been traded already. This is presistent across a Save&Quit.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Can you send me a save game with this problem?
Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Elite

I've sent the savegame in question.

Last edited by Shadow : 11-02-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

I got it.

I edited your post btw to remove my email address. Bots tend to pick stuff up like that and send me more spam.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Champion

Bug: If you're part way through installing a component and you swap it with an already installed component, the "installing" sound stops and the "still installing" component icon appears "active." The timer still runs in the background, as you can't, for example, use a weapon after doing this until the normal install time has passed. It's probably harder to keep the current install progress animation on the component upon switching, so maybe in this situation the install timer should be reset?

(This feature is great by the way, I get annoyed when my components aren't in the "right" order. )

Quest Balance: The window for rescuing a stranded ship is way too big; even with multiple enemies, if they circle around just far enough between attacks, you can rescue the ship, even though they're definitely still "in danger." Along with the (apparent) "proximity to enemy" check, I propose there also be a "haven't been attacked in x seconds" timer also added to prevent this. (~3 seconds may be enough to deal with the circling enemy situation.) Alternately, the proximity distance could be expanded a bit (which is probably a lot easier. (= )

Suggestion: When you start a new sector, add the races that Drox High Command wants to protect and/or destroy in addition to the existing sector modifiers and default quest text displays. (I've had an entire screen full of these type of notes on new towns in Din's Curse -- immediate pause and try to figure out what I'm getting myself into. (= )
Old 11-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
I got it.

I edited your post btw to remove my email address. Bots tend to pick stuff up like that and send me more spam.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Amateur

Is there any way of changing difficulty mid-sector? In my current game I've completed my first sector and started a second, but I ramped the difficulty up a little too high (2 levels above my current level). I'm basically finding it almost impossible to survive. I got so frustrated I started from scratch with a new ship, but the ability to change difficulty level mid-sector would be a great feature. You could be mean and force a surrender / retreat, and automatic loss condition, or you could allow difficulty changes on the fly with no penalty. I wouldn't mind either way.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgor View Post
Sorry for the inconvenience.
It wasn't really an inconvenience, I just wanted to explain why I edited your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzkrok View Post
Is there any way of changing difficulty mid-sector?
You can't change the difficulty mid-sector, but you can abandon the sector and start a new one with that ship (just go through the Play option instead of Resume).
Old 11-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Expert

Starting with a new ship, I notice a lot more slowdown with the last patch. With large mobs it would drop to 12 to 15 fps now, and before rarely below 32. Saving and exiting improves it for a short time.