Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Other > Other RPGs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2010, 01:53 AM
Expert

Default Diablo 3.

Yup, that big, pink, pachyderm sitting in the corner, quietly showing off videos filled with walls falling over, and rather alarming swarms of... things appearing.

I was playing an internet co-op game of Din's Curse, and brought it up. The other player was excited, but echoed my main concern with the game.

Sure, I love diablo 2. I liked the classes, and the semi-balanced nature that they brought to the table. Yet, the new Monk, Barbarian, Wizard and Voodoo thingie, all look pretty tame. I liked how the Voodoo guy could infect his own pets, this powering them up with his ranged attack, but beyond that... it all seems 'generic.'

I DID like the massive boss tearing that unlucky barb in half. Not because I like gore, but because it adds insult to injury.

Anybody else have thoughts based upon released Diablo 3 info?

P.s. Couldn't find another thread on this, so sorry if I missed one.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Champion

It looks awesome so far. The skills they showed in the videos look like fun. I like that they're making all 5 classes available in either gender this time. I'm looking forward to finding out what the 5th class will be. Certainly I'll be buying this one when it comes out. Eventually.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:57 AM
Expert

I have to agree with the consensus on the Blizzard forums, I'm thinking the 5th char will be some sort of ranged archer/thingiewhatsit. They have everything else pretty well covered.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Elite

I'm gonna miss the Paladin. I loved the different builds you could put together with him (though I didn't much care for the overpowered Hammerdin..) and he was a lot of fun with co-op games because of his auras.

Damn Blizzard for making me find a new class to like! I agree that none of the ones shown off really seem to be appealing. Titan Quest really spoiled me with its class system.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Expert

The monk looks like a pally type char. Maybe they mixed the assasin with the pally?

Havn't really seen any info on that class, or the stock wizard.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Elite

I'm sad that I just can't get excited about D3. I don't even know why.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Elite

I like Diablo 1 a lot. It was dark, even creepy at times. It just felt like you were in mortal danger all the time, even when fighting cheesy enemies like humanoid goats.

Diablo 2 was still decent, in that it retains the same dark, gothic feel from Diablo 1. But, it was boring. I fell asleep while playing through Act 2 before uninstalling it. Never did try multiplayer.

Diablo 3. Now there's a game I don't care about. It looks more like an evolution of Torchlight than the Diablo series thanks to the more cheerful-looking Warcraft 3 style. Plus, it doesn't really have any innovations, except for technological ones, like physics and graphics. Just looks so generic all around. Maybe it'll be good, maybe Blizzard will surprise us - we'll just have to wait and see. But I'm not holding my hopes up for anything other than a Torchlight 2.0.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Elite

I think that udm pretty much covered the way I feel about D3. Although I did enjoy D2 and played it to completion multiple time. D1 was the best!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Expert

Diablo 3 looks amazing...love the art style (which imo looks like a dark painting) and love some the new ideas. A few of them, like the skill rune system, is pretty evolutionary in the genre.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuggs40 View Post
Diablo 3 looks amazing...love the art style (which imo looks like a dark painting) and love some the new ideas. A few of them, like the skill rune system, is pretty evolutionary in the genre.
Have to agree with dnuggs40 on this one.

Diablo 3 is really looking good to me and has quite a ways to go yet, the production values are top notch as always and Blizzard has rarely if ever let me down.

Can't say anything else being released down the road has me as interested as D3.