Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 07:42 AM
Amateur

Default Cant finish town - boss bugged?

hi all,

with my 2nd char, im on my 3rd town - all the quests solved, except one: kill X boxx on lvl10.

Problem is: i did try to finish this - in the last 3 days (realtime haha!!), cleared the dungeon about 10 times, tried to quit game/reopen game, waiting for respawn - tried everything, but there is just no X boss on lvl10 (its weird, because even my log says "X boss started an uprising on lvl10 blabla".)

So is this a bug, let me just abandon the town (which i dont want, as i am a completionist), or lets keep trying (which is a bit boring, as im clared lvl10 numerous times, tried fog of war reset, etc.)

any1 else encountered this kinda bug?

ty

ps: boss name is "deathshade" but i think its just a random name.

ps: abandon quest doesnt help either: its just reapper on armorsmiths. Also cant finish town via more quests, as there is only this 1 quest left.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I know about this particular problem. Deathshade is a ghost and ghosts can move through objects. So the problem with quests like this is the target can move into parts of the dungeon that you can't get to. The problem is that I'm not sure how to solve it yet.

Unfortunately your best bet is probably just to move on to a new town.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Amateur

okay, thanks, as he is a ghost it makes sense! im moving on
Old 04-14-2010, 12:37 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Yeah, I know about this particular problem. Deathshade is a ghost and ghosts can move through objects. So the problem with quests like this is the target can move into parts of the dungeon that you can't get to. The problem is that I'm not sure how to solve it yet.

Unfortunately your best bet is probably just to move on to a new town.
Had this in our 3 player game, thought it was bugged also.. so I invested in a screenwide priest aoe to fish him out. I admit it's pretty annoying.. perhaps you should give him a huge aggression radius, making sure he will attack someone rather than sit in a wall.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Amateur

I'm having the same issue but with a skeleton. Been all over the level several times and clicked on every wall. Could it be an issue with him spawning underground and never climbing up?

I'm playing hardcore if that would make a difference.

Edit: Well I went deeper for a while and came back. Found him in a place I'd searched half a dozen times already. *Shrug* Time to start another town now

Last edited by Farquar : 04-15-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Elite

I just had a similar issue with not being able to find a hunter monster on lv 5. I've tried the usual tricks - searching for hidden walls, saves and reloads. It may be another case of the hidden-in-the-wall bug.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DC.zip (25.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-30-2015, 01:57 AM
Amateur

Default It happen to me to

I just already checked all place, but i doesn't found Deathshade, when i want to ate food to recover my health (when my health is to low) he use surprise attack to me, and i die, after litelarry found his place i go back to recover my soulstone and waiting he coming and i defeat him, he is responsible for my freedom now