Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Expert

Default Multiplayer dungeon vendor swap

In the midst of a level 38 dungeon, I had pegged down the location of several nifty vendors - including a potion vendor, elite jewelry vendor, and bag vendor. This was a multiplayer game I was running around alone in, and did manage to save the town (I had reached level 40 by this time). I had not yet left when another player joined in that was level 1x. Suddenly I noticed all the dungeon vendors had switched their wares to selling other, less useful things. (Except for the bag vendor, they vanished entirely without a body left behind - though a deliver-the-package quest NPC was suddenly spotted nearby, not sure if it's related.)

I've never seen a vendor at a known location swap their wares (and respective title to match) before now...
Old 05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

They do try to change to match each person to some extent.
Patreon
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Expert

Ah okay, so this falls under the "Feature" category rather than the "Bug" one. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Elite

Sorry, that was me.

I guess it's something to be mindful of when joining a game that is several levels above your character level.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Expert

No need to apologize, I had been planning to leave shortly anyhow - and already got the good stuff from them.

It does give me hope to have people randomly join MP games (plus, it is kinda the entire point of hosting a game as MP) - when I saw one and tried to join it repeatedly a few days ago, Din's kept coming back with an error. And since I had been playing that town quite awhile before you stopped by, I was starting to get worried that something might be wrong on my end that prevented multiplayer joins.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Elite

Unhappy Off Topic (sorry)

Even though I'm playing from the Australian east coast, the lag is still unbearably bad (I can cope with 200-250 ms ping times to the WoW servers, no problem). With the low bandwith settings enabled it does seem a little better, but nowhere near good enough to be playable. In town everything is fine, but once I head down into the dungeon, things just get worse and worse until the game becomes completely unresponsive. It's a gradual degradation of performance over a minute or so, and is worse when there are more players in the game, and more enemies on screen. Sometimes I have to alt-F4 to exit.

On the plus side, LAN games with my daughter are awesome

Can anyone suggest values to use in the server data rate and client data rate settings area? My internet connection is ADSL 1500/256kbps down/up respectively. I have forwarded ports 26503-26507 in my firewall. At least I think I have done this correctly... Is it possible to play over the internet without doing this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg firewall.JPG (24.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Kruztee : 05-06-2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: firewall info addition... and off topic (my bad)
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

When playing on the internet (at least for you) I would suggest turning on the low bandwidth option and trying out a client rate of around 3000.
Patreon