Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Elite

Default Help for people who are new to Din's Curse

I have been working on some on-line help screens for people who are just starting out with Din's Curse for the first time. Even if you are not brand new, there is a lot of information for players at various experience levels.

PLEASE NOTE!! My guides for Din's Curse have been moved to the Steam Guides.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217290/guides/ - anyone can use these guides (you do NOT need to be a Steam member).

Last edited by PixelLord : 04-18-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Legend

Nice site, I wish i could have talked to you when i had my own. Anyway, the only real thing you should include is examples of how the hybrids work. I know this is the hard part of it, but unless someone knows this, they will just have trouble figuring out what will work and will not and probably not like their first few builds (I know i didnt). You can easily just list a few suggestions of builds that work.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Expert

Isn't part of the fun just trying things out? And what works for one person may certainly possibly not work for another.

Last edited by ecliptic : 05-19-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Legend

That is true. I just think that listening to other people give their class ideas gives me a possible new idea to try on a 2nd or 3rd class.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelLord View Post
I have been working on some on-line help screens for people who are just starting out with Din's Curse for the first time. The site is at the following link:

http://www.stephenhornback.com/id71.html

I have included a Quick Start section for first time players as well as links to other pages covering skills and mana, player and shared stash, bags, game speed, definitions, and hints. I'm still working on it, so if anyone sees any glaring errors or has other suggestions/comments, please let me know. Thanks.
Well done! All newbies will take profit of it. Well probably for most players, I quoted the weapon hotkey trick, I didn't knew that.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Elite

I never knew that I could put health items, weapons. or other items in my skill slots until today! And I've been playing for 2 months. I thought those slots were just for skills! I happened to view a YouTube video and saw health potions (among other things) there. So I had to add a bunch of stuff to my web site so everyone knows. Probably old information, but new to all who've never played the game. This game gets better and better! Wonder how many other cool things I'm missing. Tell me.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Elite

Default lefties

Here's a tip for left-handed mousers.
Go to Options (Settings?), Configure Input, and re-map all of the number keys to the number keypad.

It makes the slots look a little funny, because it prints "Numpad-1" in the 1 slot, and the text carries over so the "1" is in the 2 slot. But you can't really see it because "Numpad-2" is overwriting it. I got used to it pretty quickly.

I left the zero mapping how it was and mapped the num-pad 0 to the map toggle. (I can't put anything in slot 0, but it's a small price to pay.) I also mapped the numpad Enter to the Pause button. It's saved my life many a time.

Last edited by Roswitha : 05-21-2010 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Champion

Really good guide. About the slots I was using them for potions and food but never tried for weapons as you suggest in the guide.

Few points:
  • You wrote to right click on the bag at bottom but left click on it works too and open all bags.
  • I discovered in this guide the trick to use the shortcut to attack instead of clicking the LMB. It's cool but how get back this shortcut if you override it? Just by dragging your current weapon on it? But if you change weapon? Mmm probably if you drag the weapon when it is equip it create again the shortcut and if you drag the weapon from the inventory it's something different. I'll try.
  • Not sure it worth the quote, players will probably necessarily discover it. But in hints section perhaps you can add a hint about the slipping system that can be used to move and do something at same time. For example to long shot and dodge at same time or use a skill without to lost time.
  • In hints section perhaps you could also highlight the importance of the text events and that it's often a good idea to scroll and check some older in case you didn't quote an important event. Those text events are one of the more important game feature of the game, it worth highlight them.
  • Also in Key section you forgot pinpoint this part of the screen, the text events section and the scroll arrows.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viliki View Post
  • I discovered in this guide the trick to use the shortcut to attack instead of clicking the LMB. It's cool but how get back this shortcut if you override it? Just by dragging your current weapon on it? But if you change weapon?
The trick here is to check out the native/maxed skills that run in a row across the top of your skill windows (ie, the ones generally ignored because they cannot be leveled up). Just drag the 'Attack' skill from there down to your shortcut bar.

Also, many things that can be dragged into position are also a "click-once, move cursor to open slot, click-again to set" kind of thing.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:38 AM
Champion

Nice thanks Aet, this one would worth be in the guide.