Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Elite

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Good stuff! I will be adding them shortly.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Elite

If you click on the little arrow to the right of the teleport stone, it will pop up another row of slots. These aren't hotkeyed, but it's much quicker to find something there than rummaging through your backpack or skills.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Amateur

I just bought the game yesterday and this has been a great resource to get me started. Thanks for taking the time to set it up.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina S. View Post
I just bought the game yesterday and this has been a great resource to get me started. Thanks for taking the time to set it up.
Glad to hear it was helpful.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Expert

Nice and helpful site!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Elite

Here's an addition for Hint #4 on the website. When there's a town attack, all of the NPCs will turn to face the (most powerful) monster, saving the player from having to run laps to find the thing.

On #9, the world map also shows which world modifiers are in use, including active machines; you can hover over them to get more info.

#10. If you suspect that there's a hidden door somewhere, pull up the world map and look for holes in the map where a room could be hiding. Also, here's a post I made about finding hidden doors.

There's probably a secret door somewhere. Go to your left (or right) and follow the wall of the dungeon until you're back where you started. As you go, watch carefully for a part of the wall that's different. If you have corridors, there's usually a section that's a slightly different color. If there are rock walls, there's usually a big single boulder blocking the entrance. Another trick is to go to the end of a corridor and check if you can see more wall on the other side. Click on the wall/rock and it will disappear.

#12. If you've looked everywhere (including secret doors) and just can't find a monster, save and exit, then come back in. This will give it the kick it needs to respawn. (This also works for invisible roadblocks.) Make sure to claim any soulstones before you do this, as they will disappear when you exit.

In #16, the comment about Numpad being printed no longer applies. Shadow fixed it.

Here's another note. You can only have two potion effects active at the same time; one for stat potions and one for resistance potions. For example, if you drink a strength potion followed by a vitality potion, the vitality potion will override the strength potion and your strength will go back to normal. A find-items potion appears to count as a stat potion.

Awesome job on the website.

Last edited by Roswitha : 08-22-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswitha View Post
Here's an addition for Hint #4 on the website. When there's a town attack, all of the NPCs will turn to face the (most powerful) monster, saving the player from having to run laps to find the thing.

On #9, the world map also shows which world modifiers are in use, including active machines; you can hover over them to get more info.

#10. If you suspect that there's a hidden door somewhere, pull up the world map and look for holes in the map where a room could be hiding. Also, here's a post I made about finding hidden doors.

There's probably a secret door somewhere. Go to your left (or right) and follow the wall of the dungeon until you're back where you started. As you go, watch carefully for a part of the wall that's different. If you have corridors, there's usually a section that's a slightly different color. If there are rock walls, there's usually a big single boulder blocking the entrance. Another trick is to go to the end of a corridor and check if you can see more wall on the other side. Click on the wall/rock and it will disappear.

#12. If you've looked everywhere (including secret doors) and just can't find a monster, save and exit, then come back in. This will give it the kick it needs to respawn. (This also works for invisible roadblocks.) Make sure to claim any soulstones before you do this, as they will disappear when you exit.

In #16, the comment about Numpad being printed no longer applies. Shadow fixed it.

Here's another note. You can only have two potion effects active at the same time; one for stat potions and one for resistance potions. For example, if you drink a strength potion followed by a vitality potion, the vitality potion will override the strength potion and your strength will go back to normal. A find-items potion appears to count as a stat potion.

Awesome job on the website.
Thank you, Roswitha. The #10 stuff was already addressed (not in the getting started material) in a "I'm stuck" link at the top. It's interesting as in that section I'd said almost the exact thing that you said.

Thanks, the others will be added shortly. Your input is appreciated!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Elite

I recently added a new section covering Character Creation Information which simply lists what each character class/subclass can use as weapons or wear as armor (and cannot use). I'm hoping this will help new players (and maybe even some experienced players) determine what subclasses to select to create characters they like as well as interesting hybrid characters. Hope this stuff will prove useful for some.

http://www.stephenhornback.com/id85.html links to that information.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Champion

i like it, but it would be so much nicer if you just made a table
Old 08-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeh View Post
i like it, but it would be so much nicer if you just made a table
Yes, I thought about that while I was creating this list. I was planning on replacing the list at a future date with a table if I can make one that is easy to read and fits my site. Thanks.