Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Din's Curse > Din's Curse bugs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Amateur

Exclamation Character-ending Bug

Yesterday, I lost my level 20 Warrior with epic loot due to a major malfunction in the game and my own stupidity for not having my files backed up, but oh well. Lesson learned. I'm running patch 1.002, the one that came with the game. I was in Malburg and I had just freed myself from Din. I saved and exited the game and while I was on the title screen, somebody on messenger messaged me and my instinctive response was to hit alt+tab. My computer crashed hard. I got a blue screen telling me my computer automatically shut down to protect itself from data loss.

Today, I went into the game and tried to resume my game, but it came up with an error and forced me to close the program. I loaded the game up again and this time chose "play" to bring up my list of characters. I scrolled down to the bottom to where my guy is and now it lists him as a level 0 Priest. Is there any way I can change his level so the game doesn't glitch out and I don't lose all my precious loot?

I just realized it also deleted the entire shared stash which was full of goodies. Gah!!

Last edited by Shining Soldier : 08-04-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: extra info
Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

That's really strange. From the game's standpoint the character was already saved by the time you got back to the title screen, although the OS can buffer it. Also blue screens are usually caused by bad drivers, so you might want to update your graphics and possibly sound drivers if you can.

As for your character, I'm not sure there is much you can do. You can post your character files or email them to me and I can look at them, but I can't promise anything.
Patreon
Old 08-05-2010, 10:08 AM
Amateur

Here are my character files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Glitched Level 20 Warrior.zip (547 Bytes, 4 views)
Old 08-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, there's no information left in the character file (or the map and world files for that matter). I opened it up and the entire file is spaces. Sorry.

I'm not even sure how that is possible. I can understand a bluescreen eats everything that has been buffered to write to the disk, but all spaces. That's kind of weird.
Patreon
Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Amateur

That's okay. Thanks for the time you put into it. I appreciate it.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:19 AM
Amateur

Just happened to me recently, exactly the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Soldier View Post
due to a major malfunction in the game and my own stupidity for not having my files backed up, but oh well. Lesson learned.
Well +1