Soldak Home   Drox Operative   Din's Curse   Depths of Peril   Zombasite  

Go Back   Soldak Entertainment Forums > Depths of Peril > Depths of Peril game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Expert

Default dead NPCs

as a priest i would love to be able to bury the fallen/dead people i occasionally find lying around. a bit like the "find our graves" quest, only the other way around... would that make sense?
Old 11-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Jorvic View Post
as a priest i would love to be able to bury the fallen/dead people i occasionally find lying around. a bit like the "find our graves" quest, only the other way around... would that make sense?
Only if you could bury the townspeople who are still active.
I'm not dead yet.
Be quiet, you're not fooling anyone.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:53 AM
Champion

Is there any reason why DoP2 (if it exists) wouldn't just use the DC class system, since that system has recieved near universal acclaim?

All I'd change is making the trees a bit more designed for multi and interaction, but that's because I play multi and most of the market probably doesn't.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnakotus View Post
Is there any reason why DoP2 (if it exists) wouldn't just use the DC class system, since that system has recieved near universal acclaim?

All I'd change is making the trees a bit more designed for multi and interaction, but that's because I play multi and most of the market probably doesn't.
The only thing you would change in a new game is the skills?

Also, I'm hoping multi will become the preferred choice! But I better not get in to all that; there's another thread for that
Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Amateur

The in-house diplomacy idea sounds great

Main things: I would change to the DC class system, and make it multiplayer, with each player controlling a covenant. This would be AWESOME.

Other improvements possible -

-Make it so that when you wipe out another covenant you get a random one of their relics/books

-Change the guards - I would rather have other barbarians as guards rather than monsters..

-In house diplomacy - this would be great

- Possibility to get blank recruits, and quests to obtain different skills for them - or recruits of the same class can retrain in skills that your other recruits have.

- More uses for money and crystals - perhaps merge the two? I never know what do do with coins, they seem to just build up (I could be playing it wrong though )

- Some sort of enchanting system for items, with quests to obtain ingredients to create items that can be used to improve weapons/armour/relics

- Possibility to trade books

- Better dungeons (they are incredibly mazelike at the moment, and the maps are far too small to see what is going on!)

But seriously, Depths of Peril is really incredible already, and is really revolutionary when compared to say, Diablo III or Torchlight. Having found this game, I'm no longer looking forward to D3

Cheers
Alfy
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxis View Post
The only thing you would change in a new game is the skills?

Also, I'm hoping multi will become the preferred choice! But I better not get in to all that; there's another thread for that
All I'd change in the skill system. Right now, the trees are designed with SP in mind and characters that are both self-sufficient and don't really interact much with other characters. Contrast this with MMOs, where every class has many effects that work either in synergy with other classes or to benefit the group.

I guess you could just have some trees for SP and some trees for MP 'styles', but that'd have pretty serious balance implications.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Amateur

Actually, you know what - I've changed my mind about carrying over the class system from DC. I love the way in Depths of Peril rage, momentum, mana and faith are all unique. I would really like this type of thing, which makes the classes play COMPLETELY differently, to stay.(NB afaik this isnt true in DC, I haven't played it yet!) So I don't know how this would work, perhaps you would have to pick your type of "resource" as well? This could create an additional layer of customization, as you could be a rage warrior-mage or a mana warrior mage, which would involve quite different tactics?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Champion

Some ideas for a Depths of Peril exp/sequel (in no particular order and possibly very subjective):

1. Recruits that have the same amount of equipment slots as a character.

2. Make all items level dependant. Alternativly items that improve as you level.

3. a change of the itemsaztion. Each higher rarity color (grey-white-green-yellow etc.) automatically raises the base value of an item so the more rare loot are ALWAYS better then the same type of a lesser rarity. In the case of bonuses (excluding stat bonuses, see below) they also ALWAYS adds a higher bonus then items of a lesser rarity.
(The rate of which items drop seems well adjusted for Depths of Peril specifically, since you can use it not only as gear or sell it but also to improve your covenant reputation.)
Money could be used to (minimally) raise different aspects of an item, so there would never be an overflood of cash. Set Items would have no color but instead improve an already existing item with different bonuses. This in turn would never make a set (or any kind of gear for that matter) static as they can always belong to different raritys and also upgraded in more then one way.
Bonuses that adds to existing stats (Str, Dex, Vit, Int, Spi) ONLY available through set items.

4. Slotted items. All Armor & Weapons could have a chance to be slotted with 1-6 slots. Gems can be put into the slots to improve things like stats, life/mana steal, regen etc. Gems in themselves are also of different rarities and some really rare gems belong to a set.

5. Make ”Disarm Trap” a ”basic skill” for Rogues that is 100% affected by Int (or 50% Int/50% dex).

6. Improve Movement by level or add items/skills that improve Move speed.

7. No-limit stackable food/water. Or just one type of food and one type of water that regains X HP/Mana where X is based on character/recruit level. In the same notion Ranger/Hunter type could get a skill that improves X for food and Mages could gain the same skill but for Mana.

8. More classes. A Ranger would be dead-on. Maybe another tank/healer/spellcaster class too. Don´t know how a Class system like DC would work in DoP (i kinda like the fact that DoP keeps it simple without skill mixing) but if made right anything goes.
Clerics (and other healing classes) could have a ”basic minor healing skill” – a cleric version could be an insta-cast 20hp ”basic skill” and a druid/shamans ditto could be a 25 HoT (heal over time). This to be able to get a Cleric/Shaman/Druid Recruit that can atucally heal.

9. A NPC Potion maker able to make different potions that has skill or stat bonuses and stacks with other ”normal” potions and maybe he could make HoT HP & Mana potions that yields an overall greater bonus then regular. He pops up now and then like some random vendors, selling such potions.
Items that yield Rage/Momentum/Mana/Faith per sec/hit/damage/succesful used skill etc. Some stuff from DC could be implemented as well like life-/mana-steal items and buying back Stat points.

10. Adding races with specific ”Basic skills” not avaible to other races, permanent stat bonus and or racial dimplomatic traits is another idea. Some examples follow below:

Dwarfs for instance get ”Dwarven Toughness” - a 20% stat bonus on Vitality (in other words for every 5 points put into Vit they automatically gain another Vit point) or +1 HP per Vitality point, can use ”Dwarven Axes” (special axes that counts as a normal axe in all regards but are also usable by dwarfs whatever class), gain ”Giant Fighting” (+X % Armor /defense vs. Ogre/giant kin), ”Dwarven Fury” (Fury ”dropping” at a slower rate then for other races), ”Stonecutting” adds a unique item ”slot” (see 4.) to an item which is maximally ”slotted” already.
Dwarven Covenants would get the ”Dwarven Heritage” trait that yeilds a +X % relation/influence bonus with Characters of the same race.

A Halfling on the other hand could have ”Halfling Speed” (+20% Dex Bonus) or +1 attack bonus for each Dex point, ”Halfing Peppery" (Momentum drops slower then for other races), can use ”Halfling Daggers”, ”Treasure Finder” (Double all ”find item” and ”find magic item” bonuses), ”Tiny Size” all ”concealment skills” are 2 levels higher (if you play a Rogue Halfing for ex. and put your first point into ”Stealth” you would have skill level 3 already).

”Human” Covenants get the ”Human Neutrality” race-trait which yields slower dimplomacy aggression (takes a lower number for a Human Covenant to initaite a Raid, reductions in relations are 20% lower).

11. Special Quests: Class and/or race specific quests that yield a set item, choseable from a list of class-sets (so you have a higher chance of actually completing a set). Also quests that lets you add one socket to an exsisting item or possibly even a quest that raises an item in ”color”.
For example: If you have found a 4-slotted Halfling/Rogue-specific rare dagger you could (with this specific quest) ”raise” the rarity (color) to the next level – in this case from rare to unique (yellw to orange). Then later the same rogue gets a quest that (if succeeded) adds one slot.
Optionally an item can only be ”improved” one time, either add one slot or color – not both.

12. ”Charm” that improves your reputation/influence. It might also affect how long a ”Champion” (13.) will stick around with you. Charm could be a vital stat for such classes as a ”Bard” or an ”Enchanter”, even ”Priests” and ”Paladins” chance to hurt undead/demons/devils with certain specific skills.

13. ”Champion” - a timelimited super recruit with improved gear and a higher basic level. A ”Champion” can only be braught into the game via ”Champion Scrolls”. These scrolls work like potions (one time only but are extremly rare) and are only avaible either through a rare ”Champion vendor” who sells several different ”Champion scrolls” but they only sell one at a time and then immediatly dissapear) or through maxing your reputation with 3 covenants. The covenants then gives you a random ”Champion scroll”. "Champions" always have a high HP regen as well as a high energy (Mana/Faith/Momentum or Fury) Regen.
There can only be one "Champion" in the game at any time. The reuse time for bringing in another "Champion" into the game is 1 hour. You can have both one recruit and one "Champion" up at the same time – but hes that much better so you should save him/her for boss fights. Also he dosent stick around for long –15 min or if introducing ”Charm” (12.), it directly directly correlates with how many minuets a ”Champion” is around. Also, ”Charm” could affect the reuse time on ”Champions”.
”Champions” will never take a side in a covenant fight. When inside a town, "Champions" are immortal to all damage and negative effecte (but can still be blessed and buffed) from both players and NPC´s and won´t fight for/against other covenants.

14. Can only offer your aid to a Covenant once per Covenant and per Raid. If the aided Covenant dies you loose a big chunck of Tax and a huge amount of your relation with the surviving opponent.

15. Cant see your reputation with Covenants until it reaches 50% + (this to avoid knowing if an opposing Covenant is likely to attack you.)

Ops, this became MUCH longer then i expected. I completly agree with Alfy though - DoP is an amazingly well done, fun and highly addictive unique game. With that in mind the game is rather perfect in its present state and mixing in to many ideas for a future expansion or sequel release might hamper the game balance. On the other hand DoP is too good a computer game NOT to make a sequel/expansion.
Peace out!

Last edited by graffen69 : 02-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Amateur

----More Control To Npc's

We Can Control Their Skills,Att Points And They Can Use Helmets,Leggings,Boots,Jewelry Etc.

----Max Party Slot

Must Expandable Like That ;

Level 1-10 Maximum 2

Level 10-25 Maximum Three

Level 25+ Maximum Four

----New Towns !

Yes New Towns.Foundable New Towns.

----Add New Race

Elf's ! (Wood Elf(Ranger Elf With),Dark Elf(Fighter Elf),Druid(Mage Elf) And a Healer Elf

And Give Them A Town

----PRIESTS !!!

Priest Must Heal Us !!

----Expand Graphics

----Castle's

Foundable Enemy Castle's On Maps.
-Enter The Castle
-Kill All Creatures
-Kill The Last Boss(or Boss's)
-Get The Reward Box

This is My Suggestions.DoP Forever !

Last edited by Ghost : 02-09-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Champion

Just to keep live this thread, I Love Dop and i want a Dop2 in the future!!

@Ghost: all your ideas are great!

some random considerations:
- multiplayer: must be done for Dop, with single player mode of course!
- inventory auto-mode: I know .. I know,.. but central concept of Dop is fight, explore, grow coventant, not manage inventory, maybe be optional ? I like this option
- export my coventant: be social! Export coventant for your friends, let me fight against other players coventants..
- coventants customization: buildings, strategies, recruits, unique skills for each covenants ?

I know shadow you are working on Drox right now, but think about Dop2 !!